Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    Can I transfer my character anytime from Bahamuth to Asura using the World Transfer Service? Do I need a World Pass Code for this?
    Not sure if you can transfer to a closed server or not (this has never happened.) But I seriously reccomend you avoid Asura.

It sounds great that it's so full, but there are a lot of problems. I really urge you not to do it. There are a lot of disadvantages with an overpopulated server in an MMO. More people is not always better.

World passes have nothing to do with joining a particular server anymore, they are for refer-a-friend bonuses. You don't need one to transfer to any server.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    Can I transfer my character anytime from Bahamuth to Asura using the World Transfer Service? Do I need a World Pass Code for this?
    Not that I am aware of. I think only a matter of time.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I'd guess the server will be open soon again, if it isn't already, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hits that full trigger again at times.

There are a large number of characters being created for botting purposes, which should be deleted from time to time (I'm referring to certain galkan armies mostly; the only new players booming around starting areas on most servers, though of course on the most populated ones you'll see most actual players too... here and there).

If a server was closed for an extended period of time, I'd probably expect some sort of an announcement about it (though it would not surprise me if we didn't get one).

In other words, I'd wait it out and keep trying if Asura is really something you want to check a look at. Transferring from a server to another is not free, and if a character hasn't been around for a longer period of time, I'd recommend to simply start over (took me less than a week of play-time to lazily level up a new character to 99, and get to rank 10 for one nation with some progress in other missions as well).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It may be that it works like it does in FFXIV and the character creation status changes with the current concurrent user number. (i.e. in many cases if a world in FFXIV was closed to character creation, it would typically become open in the odd hours of the night before closing again in peak hours)
    (0)

Bahamut seems pretty good so far.
    (0)
    [Will work for food]

I'm rejoining after a long absence and Asura's population seems pretty bustling. I can't speak for the high end content though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspia View Post
    I'm rejoining after a long absence and Asura's population seems pretty bustling. I can't speak for the high end content though.
    Every server has players on it. Some more than others, but Asura remains overcrowded, not just "bustling."

Bahamut seems to strike an ideal balance for those who demand crowds all over the place without accessing certain content, RMT botting, and lack of available camp spots being prevalent.

You'll find more lag and other problems on Asura compared to even the next most populated server. It's a crazy common misconception that more players ion one server is always better.. Balanced server populations are better for everyone in general, it is the entire reason why the game originally made it hard to choose your world.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-05-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Character
    Amnesty
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The problem with low populated servers are the players... Even more backwards and clicky than the GOOFS on Asura... What is this 2004? If your trying to form a PUG for current end game Odyssey and can't fill within a reasonable amount of time... Guess what your on a crap server not that there are good servers every last one of them is full of annoying petty people...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesty View Post
    The problem with low populated servers are the players... Even more backwards and clicky than the GOOFS on Asura... What is this 2004? If your trying to form a PUG for current end game Odyssey and can't fill within a reasonable amount of time... Guess what your on a crap server not that there are good servers every last one of them is full of annoying petty people...
    You just need to join a linkshell. it doesn't matter if it's Asura or anywhere else, if you know where to look, you'll find the people that want to do that content. Most people do it on a schedule.
    (0)

Character
    Amnesty
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That might apply for others guy... Not me linkshell is overated... Why would someone what to listen to some terd telling them what to do on a daily basis? Not happening... Have multiple M.Lv 30, many REMA, a few BIS everything jobs without the need of a linkshell... PUG KING...
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast