Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Looking for a NA Populated Server

Hello everyone! I'm returning after a long break and I'm looking to see which server has an active NA population, in particular EST. Currently I'm on Odin and it's a bit of a ghost town during the times that I play. So can someone suggest a server that I can transfer to?
    (1)

I believe Odin is the 2nd most populated server, so if you're looking for more people, Asura is the only server more populous. If you're having trouble finding people to group up with, you can check Linkshell Concierge NPCs to see if they have and linkshells to join.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Most servers have some semblance of an NA population. That said while Odin is the second largest server, it heavily leans JP. Bahamut is probably the best server to play on right now. Asura is overpopulated and has some issues that other servers don't have so much.

That said, you can join almost any server. I'd be happy to lend you a hand should you come to Shiva. You can thoroughly enjoy the game on any server. Try not to think about population so much, especially considering the game provides you lots of tools to get most content done if you can't get someone else to help you.

Odin isn't a ghost town, it's the second biggest server. You have to reaqlize that, particularly if you haven't been here in many years, that the population is spread over a much wider area, and a lot of people are chilling in places besides the main cities, such as Mhaura, because that's where Ambuscade is. But Odin is more JP oriented so when it's NA prime time, there are fewer people on because the server leans significantly Japanese. Again, I'd recommend Bahamuit and advise against Asura. You can't just look around whatever town you're in and go "oh, it's a ghost town" because it's really not.

Also, the poster above is right. You can find poeople to do stuff with by using the linkshell concierges. These NPCs hand out pearls for linkshells that are looking for members. The only problem is each NPC has its own list (tailored for linkshells with a particular purpose) so you'll have to check each one of them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-05-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Just go to Asura server
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Just go to Asura server
    or not. Asura needs more players to move there like a vampire needs sunlight.
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The OP ask for a populated server, stop trying to repopulate your dead servers, thats SE job by adding actual content to this game so people return. There are 3,400 people online currently on Asura, you wont find any other NA EST based server with a higher population.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    The OP ask for a populated server, stop trying to repopulate your dead servers, thats SE job by adding actual content to this game so people return. There are 3,400 people online currently on Asura, you wont find any other NA EST based server with a higher population.
    This isn't a content problem. We have one, two servers that are legitimately overpopulated, having more concurrent users than any server had when this game was at peak popularity. Both this problem and other servers probelms would go away if action was taken to balance out the populations.

Frankly, I legitimately feel removing the world pass system was a mistake, because we wouldn't have had this problem otherwise.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Recovery from Asura World Area Technical Difficulties (Feb. 7)
    We are pleased to announce that the technical difficulties with the following area on the Asura World has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and we thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
    Feb. 7, 2021 4:47 to 9:05 (PST)
    Feb. 7, 2021 12:47 to 17:05 (GMT)

[Details]
    - Unable to access the Silver Sea Remnants

[Cause]
    Server program issue

[Affected]
    - Asura World
    Y'all broke it :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-08-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Oh, it doesn't stop Asurans from enjoying the game. 16 servers will never be balanced. Odin is going to be a new Asura for Japanese players.

If the OP wants a NA (and EU) populated server then Asura is it.
    (0)

Player
    If you want a very populated server Asura is your best bet. Before you go, keep in mind, sometimes there are wait times for stuff. Most notable are ambuscade, salvage, einherjar, HTMB's (mostly selbina). Sometimes these waits are several minutes to near 30 minutes. Please don't be upset when it takes 3-5 mins for some of these events. Also, there are mercs for everything, participate if you want, but be ready to use your whole /blist to block mercs if you want to read shouts. I hear Bahamut is also pretty well populated with NA/EU. Although Odin has the second highest population, i believe its mostly JP. I spent a lot of time on some lower population servers to get a feel of that life. If you join a linkshell that does events and you make good connections, even those low population servers you can have a lot of fun. I personally enjoy Asura the most, but thats where most of my friends are, but sometimes those waits can really kill an evening. If your worried about paying the transfer fee, wait until its on discount, iirc around june/july its $5 to transfer. Another thing you can do if you want, create a mule on one of the servers (asura) and try leveling it up to 99 and joining a linkshell and give it a fair shot. Worst case, you cancel it in a few months, or if you finish RoV you can use it for DM augments lol. Hope you find what your looking for and if you do come to Asura feel free to reach out (I wont ignore you, but I do afk a lot)
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast