Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    It isn't solely about doing content, I'm sorry but 300 ppl online (half are afk or mule) is pittiful, less than a private server and surely it feels dead. It's also about seeing life around you in a so called MMORPG. Not only about the ability to do content, your items will sell very slowly on the AH, you'll feel less like youre in a breathing world.
    When 290 of those 300 people aren't possibly going to be interacting with you at any given time, does it really matter?

I don't need the background noise, or the world to "breathe.". Even with those "pitiful" numbers (which are higher on the weekend/prime times), as long as I can do what I want to do in the game, not much else matters. I come back to this game primarily for the greater depth in gameplay that it has compared to modern MMOs today, and also to reconnect with old friends who still play. Since the server is still meeting my needs, and has less lag and other issues than a bigger server, I have no reason to change.

Crowds of people making "Noise" is an extra, not an essential component of the experience. It's nice, but don't you dare assume that we are having a terrible time on our "ghost town" server just because it doesn't have thousands of concurrent users.
    (4)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    OK and that is your opinion, obviously others feel differently and that is why they are all moving to populated servers. It's silly to tell people to go to dead servers... I just can't fathom how that is at all beneficial for the person.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The OP probably already transferred. What else to talk about now. lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    OK and that is your opinion, obviously others feel differently and that is why they are all moving to populated servers. It's silly to tell people to go to dead servers... I just can't fathom how that is at all beneficial for the person.
    Yes, it is my opinion. And it is no less valid than yours. It's not silly to tell people to go to ANY server, regardless of your opinion of it's state. It might be "dead" to you, but it isn't dead to me. And it will be less dead if new players join it. Like, where did your sense of logic go? Do you know how servers become less "dead"? By people joining them.

Asura has too many players. Other servers can benefit from those new players to be less "dead." Not that I agree with the use of that term in the first place. Asura needs new players like I need a hole in the head. Stop pushing people there when every other server in the game would benefit more from their presence. People on Asura are already complaining about high lag in various contents. Do you want it to get worse? You need to understand: The reason the game has multiple seperate servers is because one server cluster can not handle all of the people that want to play. It would be great if we didn't need seperate servers at all, but we do. So the right thing to do is make sure that everyone is able to have the same experience on any of them, by balancing the populations, not cramming one server to [Point at which it explodes] - 1.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-16-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Player
    I can't create my character on Asura... I tried. Says server max population has been reached : (

I'm coming back to the back and would really love to see booming starting areas full of new players...
    (0)

Player
    Where can I find the linkshell concierge on each main starting town, please? They distribute pearls for popular linkshells of given servers?

Thank you very much.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    I can't create my character on Asura... I tried. Says server max population has been reached : (

I'm coming back to the back and would really love to see booming starting areas full of new players...
    I mean, even on Asura you're not going to see that. It's still by and large veterans, even with the people that move or start over there.

This is a nearly 20 year old game, you're never going to see the main cities full of new players, that's an experience that simply can't be replicated.

Where can I find the linkshell concierge on each main starting town, please? They distribute pearls for popular linkshells of given servers?

Thank you very much.
    The linkshell concierges were changed, and they are now found near one of the mog house entrances in each of the three main cities:

(0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    People can lie to other people who like to try Asura. Japanese players? Out of the way.

Here's my truth. I was on Bahamut many years ago. A lot of them were Japanese yeah and they loved to hang out with me back that time but are they still the same players as years ago? No. It was pretty difficult to form a party there (2015?).

They changed. Are the 16 servers still too much for the entire English community? Imagine it.
    (0)

Player
    Can I transfer my character anytime from Bahamuth to Asura using the World Transfer Service? Do I need a World Pass Code for this?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    People can lie to other people who like to try Asura. Japanese players? Out of the way.

Here's my truth. I was on Bahamut many years ago. A lot of them were Japanese yeah and they loved to hang out with me back that time but are they still the same players as years ago? No. It was pretty difficult to form a party there (2015?).

They changed. Are the 16 servers still too much for the entire English community? Imagine it.
    I can do just about anything when I want to aside from dyna D on Shiva no problem. Dynamis I have to plan ahead for but people do it. It really isn't hard to get stuff done, you just have to ask.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast