Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I should clarify this point you're making. The Federal Reserve has an inflation target of 2% per year.
    Was talking to a friend about this yesterday and he pointed out, the reason they actually do this 2% a year forced inflation is to force people to put money in the bank.

So we went from "put your money in the bank to get interest" to "put your money in a bank or it loses value"

From the carrot to the stick.
    (0)

It's funny because for me, FFXIV is cheaper (Legacy player) I end up paying like 7 a month for it since I sub in 6 month intervals haha. I'd sub in six month intervals with this game if it allowed. A lot of my friends want to come back to FFXI but once they see the sub the same, with minimal updates and other PC related issues, like they can't set up their controller easily, and they get confused with other stuff because they used to just play on console, they end up passing on coming back. Disappointing but nothing I can do if they don't feel its justified unfortunately.

I have no problem with p2p games, in fact I prefer them, I just wish it got updated as much as the other p2p mmos. WoW just got a new expansion, they updated the graphics and QoL and came out shortly after FFXI. Yeah, I know it has a lot more people playing it, because reasons, but I don't want to derail the convo into WoW vs FFXI, just saying that it is still getting tons of updates for a P2P MMO ; ; Again I know, they have a bigger dev team, its more popular, etc. FFXI is my favorite MMO and there is nothing more I'd love to see then for it to get some serious updates.

I have lots of friends who would come back if SE did this with FFXI, but yeah, I already know its most likely not going to happen. I pay for over 4 accounts rn with max mules on FFXI, and again its np, just wish it had more updates. Also if they added race change/name I'd buy those too as I do in FFXIV. I want to change one of my healer mules into a mithra haha. Anyway, it is what it is. Wishful thinking
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Why can't they care more, its really annoy me. They could have two successful MMOs instead of one, both games that appeal to different types of gamers.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Because Matsui-P is not Yoshi-P (Coffee and Cigarettes dude). Nobody is going to college to learn how the DirectX 8 works. lol

FFXI is for the old fashioned players as long as Matsui-P is happy to work for us (great community).

While FFXIV is coming to the PS5 this year, I do look forward to play its next expansion and see them to drop the PS4 support like they did before.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Was talking to a friend about this yesterday and he pointed out, the reason they actually do this 2% a year forced inflation is to force people to put money in the bank.

So we went from "put your money in the bank to get interest" to "put your money in a bank or it loses value"

From the carrot to the stick.
    This isn't really true. The reason is so that it's easier for businesses to post growth metrics, growth looks good even if you're really on a treadmill. So you're on the right track, but it's really more about business than individuals.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Why can't they care more, its really annoy me. They could have two successful MMOs instead of one, both games that appeal to different types of gamers.
    They do care, which is why they have people paid to work on the game and not just retire them or put them on other games that make more money. The developers love this game as much as we do, you still have to accept that how much money it makes is a factor.

I've played a lot of online games over the years, companies that don't care literally shut the games down and tell you to go play the new one.

Sega and Ncsoft are examples.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 02-20-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This isn't really true. The reason is so that it's easier for businesses to post growth metrics, growth looks good even if you're really on a treadmill. So you're on the right track, but it's really more about business than individuals.
    Maybe but it's also the case that you're forced to put money in the bank or it loses value due to inflation.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Maybe but it's also the case that you're forced to put money in the bank or it loses value due to inflation.
    and the 0.1% interest i earn on my savings account really hits that 2% target

Most of us keep up with the inflation rate by annual "merit" increases on our wages/salary (if the company you work for isn't complete crap)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-20-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    But wages in America haven't grown with inflation. In 2018 an analysis shows that the average salary had the same buying power as the average salary in 1978- BUT over that time most of the gains in earning went to the top wage earners, meaning that while the average wage earner's buying power was about the same, the median wager earner's buying power went down. So this game costs more in buying power now than it did at initial release.
    (0)

Player
    That many employers are effectively cutting wages of their staff does not stop stores increasing prices of bread, milk, coffee or anything else.

Because they have to pay more for products, services and wages themselves. Square is no different, their costs have increased with inflation but they are charging the same.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast