Hello adventurers!
Matsui here with your February version update summary.

The cold weather hasn’t been getting me down as we head into February, even though the shift in temperature from day to night is a bit vexing. Make sure you’re staying bundled up this winter and staying safe and healthy.

Without further ado, let’s dive right into February’s version update.

The Voracious Resurgence Chapter 3, is coming this month. We’ve visited Bastok and Windurst already, so this third installment leads us to San d’Oria. My character on the live servers is a Tarutaru from San d’Oria, so I’m looking forward to enjoying the event along with all of you.

Some of you may have heard whisperings of a dancing Rahal, and I think you’ll be pleased with the comical tint that this month’s update will bring.

In terms of Odyssey updates, new monsters will be added to Sheol: Gaol. Last month was just a warmup to get you used to the way that the Gaol works, and this time around your opponents will be a good deal tougher. Of course, the equipment is strong in kind, with each boss offering multiple different pieces to suit your needs. Make the best use of your three forays into the Gaol and lay claim to your prize!

For Ambuscade, both Normal and Intense have new battles this month. Intense Ambuscades feature combat against iron giants. Effectively dealing damage is hugely important this month, and you’ll want to bring both physical and magic attackers if you hope to emerge unscathed.
Normal Ambuscades feature a demon battle. I wanted to create a battle that evoked images of epic teamfights like those I often saw in comic books, and I hope that you’ll enjoy seeing what’s in store. Which foe you tackle first will probably depend a lot on your party composition!

Finally, we’ve made some adjustments to the linkshell concierge functionality to better bring it in line with the new Assist Channel functionality. Previously, there were multiple linkshell concierges scattered throughout Vana’diel, and we’ve elected to concentrate them in the three nations. Additionally, we’ve reworked them a bit so that players will better be able to advertise and find linkshells of specific playtimes and playstyles. What’s more, linkpearls will no longer vanish upon version updates or other forms of maintenance. The linkshell concierges are notoriously difficult for us to adjust, so we’re starting with these small changes for now. We look forward to hearing your feedback.

That’s all we’ve got in store for this month. Let’s make 2021 a year to remember in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
FebruaryRecords of Eminence・Add new objectives
・Update monthly objectives
-
FebruaryThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
FebruaryAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
FebruaryOdyssey・Add new monsters