Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

My story,State of the game, Power creep, the world, the environment and the balance.

Dear developers,

Dear Readers
    I have begun my adventure in this game in 2004 i was a mere child at the age of 13, i was hearing rumors and talks with from my dad's cousin about this game Ever quest that he used to play, and how he owned a credit card to play it, i was eager to play an mmorpg,

than i bought a Video game magazine that showcased FFXI beta and another Magazine about screenshots on the new up coming summoner job, and a video of a dark knight with a summoner in Japanese don't remember exactly where clearly remember a bald hume summoner in the pictures tho

when i just recently finished FF4 ps1 i was so Excited to play FFXI i knew i would play it without owning a credit card i had the gut feeling i will! My middle aged uncles were NES/SNES fans of square they even had Japanese cartridge's Yes we had them even in the middle east, They helped me set up my account and payed for it for around 6 years before they quit entirely i even met a cousin that passed away in 2012 through FFXI i did not even know HIM! i remember he told me he was from the same country as i am i was so excited and i told him my name he got so mad ! and called his mom
    (my mom's sister) To tell me it was wrong to do that! i was only 12! in my first V dunes party some dude said he was 24 i was like OMG UR TOO OLD TO PLAY THIS GAME little did i know.

iv always was subscribed to this game from 2004 iv had many accounts not just one, this game its my child hood but lets ignore all that its all personal lets talk about the current game in a constructive manner shall we?

Power creep.

The power creep is huge for the returner or new players, there is no guidance at all and The big wiki Guide 1-119 wont help them to play end game with their desired job or even mid tier content, Because u know what? alot of people have a dual box mega geared geo or corsair and bard, so their only option is to force them play these jobs,

The difference with gear has become a gigantic gap for new players, Abyssea was the medicine it helped people solo duo weapons in a timely manner without spending alot of gill, it just needed time it was simple and it was fun to help others too, when you had nothing to do and out of void stones for VW, for example or when you were locked out during that era of the game, thats just an exmaple i dont want to talk about the 75 era because lots of people get mad thats just 1 point.

Environment
    The second point when your in abyssea you are Still interacting with the world not just mindlessly poping u are farming pop items farming key items its interactive its fun, while in the other hand we have Escha zitah Ruauan and resinjima "vomit pop mechanics" and your not running back and forth to npc to pop area it feels Stale as my mind right now. Lets go to ambuscade its even worse than Resinjima the only reason people are doing it is because of the materials, ur entering an instance OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN A SQUARE LIKE ARENA Rotating jobs, its nice to have but its not fun when its a catch up wait,, its no longer a catch up since all of us do VD1 now see what i mean Developers? This game was an adventure, the adventure is gone but my hopes are still high we might have something like that with the new mission leading to something?

The Balance
    Black mages dead
    Ninja and Tanks : Clunky why would some 1 inv me over a REMA DD? or a REMA tank people would want me tank on pld even tho i have all rema unless i do my own omen groups ( iam main ninja),
    oh wait rune fencers are better paladins. Everyone who thinks The paladin update fixed the job after the ruamaoko video is DEAD WRONG. you literally DO NOTHING ON paladin other than juggle hate and enmity + spell interruption sets, u barely do anything outside of attornment which does 1500 damage only these days in high end game content, and for the love of GOD LET US PALADINS SHIELD BLOCK FULL TP RETURN WITH STONESKIN WITH FULL EFFECT, Give us a trait to get a 20% damage taken too so we can gear swap ws and not die too no 1 wants to attonment we are forced Too HELL OR just outright Buff it, and ninja i dont want to go there...

Job points
    Most returners and new players want to experience the party /exp/jp system, again or for the first time but its so hard for them to do so, because of the power creep and the power required as a new fresh 99 with decent gear. no one wants sub optimal Capacity points hell i became friend with one twitch streamer for the past 8 months and he has not even have 200 jp yet, because of the power creep and he plays 4 hours a day what the hell? i helped him earn 100 once and he is still stuck with it he had to level cor see what i mean?

The World
    The world feels Dead as i stated above everything well mostly is instanced based and not very interactive am not asking for anything innovative just do stuff you have done in the past.,... and odyssey is still stale i know they are trying hard enough.

The Cheating
    People are literally cheating with automated lua gear swaps due to how fast the game has become too, please do something about it too.

all I want to say is that final fantasy 11 is still the greatest online game to me, in fact i would not have written post about the the problems that currently resides in this used to be expansive mmo.

Please fix the state of the game square please.

Do you want this game to stay a memory of what it used to be?
    i am tempted to play on eden but i just cant and wont its a private server.
    Excuse my English and if there was anything foul.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 02-02-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Youre just paying attention to what other people are doing. SE needs to ADD CONTENT. The game is becoming stale because they have not added anything to the game in YEARS. Literally the only content we have gotten new is Odyssey and its a huge flop. We need more things like Escha, Delve, Vagary. Big style events that keep people in them for a long time. If they were to add something like Escha that would last this game years in terms of content like it already did. They are just too focused on XIV and don't care at all about this game, banning cheaters isn't going to change that or make things better, will just make the game die faster. The company needs to start caring about the game more and invest into it to create content.
    (4)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    *power creep*

*looks at new odyssey gear just added*

yup, that sounds about right
    (0)

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ambuscade should scale the reward based both on the difficulty selected but also the party size that entered. If you solo VE you should get a reward similar to normal for a 6 man group (or at least easy). I mean, I only have Thief and WHM leveled to 99 and only Thief has any reasonable gear, but no one wants a Thief in their Ambuscade. That would just slow them down. Either give us job balance or give us reward balance.

I mean... Ambu already has gallantry to encourage grouping up. But not only do I not get gallantry but I also get slapped on the hallmark side. It's a rough life when you only have Thief and you also can't play hours where you might manage to find a group.
    (0)

Player
    The power creep is only impacting the top players, majority of players do not have this gear and have trouble clearing VH ambuscade still.

For the top players, they mostly like being powerful.

Give players content where they wipe 50-60% of the time and I'll show you some annoyed people.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Avereith View Post
    *power creep*

*looks at new odyssey gear just added*

yup, that sounds about right
    JUST GOT worse with the nyame set
    (0)

Character
    Garretts
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So you probably should tell Square-Enix Corporate, start flooding their inbox with chatter about how little development has occured because they've put such little resources into XI. Cause all your problems you said in your OP, are because they have nobody that works on this game. MAYBE 8 people... 10? maybe? and that's them barely staying afloat if you hadn't noticed. savory shanks are still the big ticket item for the login campaign every month LMAO every damn month. lol

But when come here to the forum, we are basically presenting this information that we all know, to the people that also already know it. and then they have to go to corporate and say "Hey we make about 2-3 million a year for this company" (15k accounts, assume 12.95 per account, going for a low ball here obviously) could we maybe get 10 developers and 10 engineers? at 100k salary that's .... not very profitable. Do you see the dillema? The game is not going to reverse age itself unfortunately.

Honestly, the smartest thing that Square-Enix could do, which would increase their revenue, make the game better for the entire playerbase, and not involve major hiring/financial expenditures on SE part is to open source the code. Run the official servers, but let the community build and design the functionality of the game, with the current Dev team having the final say about what get's uploaded and adopted. This would not only free up their time of having to re-code fucking ambuscade every month, but it would actually allow them to develop further, meaningful stories, content, etc.

I don't think they'll EVER do that, but they should, imo, it's the only realistic path forward if you want half the things you mentioned to come to fruition. Until then we're just gonna get trickle content that's always atleast 80% busted in some way, and then later patched, until we all cancel our subs. /shrug.
    (1)