Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Disconnect and permenant 3001 error timeout in all Sheol zones

Disconnect and permenant 3001 error timeout in all Sheol zones

Details:
    Trying to attempt Sheol Gaol with a group of 6 real players everyone experiencing heavy lag i.e. Casting a spell from macro and waiting 30~40 seconds later to see animation and damage, no gear equipping correctly etc. etc.... Ended up disconnecting and could not log back in because of the server timing out on my character in that zone, attempted multiple times logging it in with same result 3001 error, at this time in between i could log in my mule with no issues. The zone it started in was Sheol Gaol and later Sheol C.

Steps:
    Disconnecting in Sheol C, and Sheol Gaol, and upon trying to re-connect there character stays on the black screen ...Downloading Data... then times out to 3001 error timeout. Logged mule in and out and retried 30x+ same outcome. takes about an hour to reconnect.

Date & Time:
    5:45 PM EST 1/27/2021

Frequency:. Under certain conditions;
    Disconnecting in Shaol C, and Sheol Gaol and uppon trying to re-connect there character stays on the black screen ...Downloading Data... then times out to 3001 error timeout. Logged mule in and out and retried 30x+ same outcome. takes about an hour to reconnect. This last time i just gave up reconnecting and lost Key item on failed run ...

Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Homebuilt
    processor: I7-7700
    ram :16384mb

Operating System:
    Windows 10

Graphics Card:
    Nvidia 1060 GTX

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.
    DSL-Xtreme
    Type of Internet Connection:
    DSL
    (1)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XI Forums

How long have you been experiencing this issue? Additionally is the PC connected directly to the router through an Ethernet Cable? If you have not done so already, could you try the following:

・Restart network devices
    Unplug and power down all network devices, including the one used to play, and wait about 30 minutes. It is likely that unnecessary information that remained on the devices will be reset, resulting in a smoother connection.

・Update network device firmware
    Please update the programs used for the network devices.
    Even if they are up to date, it is possible that by overwriting and reinstalling them will help fix the situation.

・Check router security settings (if applicable)
    ※Since details and steps will differ for each router manufacturer, please check with your router manufacturer for further details.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums
    (1)