World: Asura
    Main Job: ???
    Support Job: ???
    Area and Coordinates: Port Jueno @ Oboro
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Oboro
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:

Players are currently able to create a character that easily impersonates the appearance, making targeting the NPC hard via tab. I attempted to raise a GM after STF reports from December have resulted in no behavior changes. The GM ticket suggested filing a report here.

The name being so similar they run an automated bot that accepts all trades, and impersonate the NPC, so players think they are trading to the NPC for upgrades but they are currently trading an impersonated character. The positioning of their character is so dead on, that the angle you look at them impacts which character you target.

A solution to this might be to put Oboro up on a box or something, if not just banning this imposter, but he has been at it for months and STF has not gotten involved.

Example pictures showing the type of in-game behavior being exploited.

https://imgur.com/a/clJFdts
    (17)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As much as we all want it to be, this isn't a bug, all NPCs other than monsters use the same character systems as everyone else. I suppose they could change the NPC entirely and make him a beastman or something...

Also, as much as they should do *something* about this, it can be avoided by just looking twice before you confirm trades. It's for this reason that I'm not holding much hope they'll change anything =\

I upvoted you all the same though, because crooks like this really need to be punished...

(This is a joke, but you could all just transfer off Asura, far as I know no other server has someone doing this... yet)
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    This situation is a perfect example for GMs or the STF to get involved. It is a form of briefing and is dubious and dishonest. (It is not very different from GMs going after players who don't uphold agreed upon, in-game trades.
    (4)