World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Dyna Sandy maybe others locking up and other

Platform: Windows 10 most updated
    ISP: Optimum Online
    Type of Internet Connection: uknown
    Internet Connection Speed: 300mps (but not sure the break down of what you really need) (its stable as much as i know)
    Date & Time: 1/25/2021 around 9pm-1am
    Frequency: 5-6 times every time i made a train of the full zone or just a big area
    Character Name: Kawar
    Race: Hume M
    World: Sylph
    Main Job: Paladin 99/warrior 49
    Support Job: warrior 49
    Area and Coordinates: Dynamis - San d'Oria ( not sure if it effects all dyna or only sandy)
    Party or Solo: party - and some trust - the other party members were 99 and 72-73 was trying to help farm relic
    NPC Name: None all the mobs in Dynamis - San d'Oria ( not sure if it effects all dyna or only sandy)
    Monster Name: NA
    Steps:

I made a train in Dynamis - San d'Oria pulling as many as i can to speed up getting the relic AF hands for a friend who is a low level pld returning to the game
    so i am helping him get some gear so he can upgrade it and be come a better and usable pld for the server and let him have more over all fun

when I started pulling I was fine then once i pulled everything from auction house and chocobo and around there maybe like 10-20 mobs maybe more maybe less so my friend can cleave them and speed up the farming for the item
    it would lock me up once i get back and try to attack a mob or target one at all. I would keep me standing there with my hand up like i just got done casting.
    I could cast spells but i could not fight i could use weapon skills if it let me but it was random.

(note Job Abilities on my side could be used but my friend reported problems on his end)

it happened at min 3 times that i counted but my friend reported it happened to him as well and would not let him do a dancer heal to keep him self alive.

I am not sure if there is anything you can do or if its just an ageing server but I wanted to report it to you my friends and people who i know care about this game as much as i do

also i am so sorry if i got the report steps a little broken this is my only report ever and maybe my only one i just want to let you know.

To the Devs and team i am not sure how i would break this down in steps I hope the report as it is will be ok.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 01-27-2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason: to put full words not shorted as best i can

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think it's more that the game wasn't designed to handle that many enemies trained up. It's easier in dynamis because of how it's desgned, but I'm pretty sure iI've heard of this happening elsewhere as well.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

This is somewhat common when fighting several enemies at the same time, possibly mostly so when the enemies happen to be casting magic on the player character (if I remember right-like, players usually call it an "animation lock").

When I've had it happen, I usually go to Config / Effects, and switch on the 'All effects during battle' filter. Sometimes it seems like it might 'release' me, but it might very well be a coincidence.

There are situations where I've claimed a target, and am clearly dealing damage while gaining TP, but the animation for engaging has not played through yet and I'm unable to use any weapon skills since the game seems to think I'm not really engaged yet.

Indeed, without knowing any specifics, it does look like something where simply "too much stuff" is flooding the game client from the server (or the other way around... why not both). Maybe they could prioritise things in a different manner, but I'm sure that would very easily break other things.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.