Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,658
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    That's great, but I was just answering your question.
    I'm just pointing out the flaw in using such a thing for such a metric.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Jinxxy
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I just came back too after 8 years? Started in 2004... Anyway. I'm on Leviathan but wanting to go to a more active server since I too am not seeing a lot of people. Anyway- from reading this thread it's looking like Bahamut and Asura are looking..promising? Umm.. a couple questions if anyone could answer..

    1. How difficult is it to find an LS nowadays?
    2. Does Bahamut have many NA players? Idk if it was Odin that I read is mainly JP? I want to make macros once return but since I know I'll be switching servers I am holding off so just wanting to ask opinions about servers first.

    Thanks in advance!

    -Jinxx
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,658
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As I wrote above, I know you would like to see people, but I strongly reccomend against Asura. Bahamut is considerably more optimal in terms of balanced population and not having the same kind of problems that face Asura.

    It isn't difficult to find an LS on any server. There are special Linkshell Concierge NPCs in every city. Each one has a different designated purpose, so be sure to check them all, but basically these NPCs will hand out link pearls from LSes looking for members. These can help you find people to play with, even on a smaller server.

    Before you transfer, see if any of the people you do see are people you recognize from the past. I still know a whole bunch of people on Shiva even though it's not as big as it used to be. That's all I need so I have no intention of going anywhere. But if I really wanted to transfer, it would be to another similar sized server or Bahamut. Odin does seem to be more JP focused, but you can find some NA players on any server. The game was originally designed to try to bring Japanese and English players together.

    From the looks of it, leviathan is probably the smallest. You can go to almost any of the servers listed above aside Asura and still get a good experience. I just cannot overstate the fact that Asura does not need more players- it is larger now than most were at the game's peak population, and that causes problems- lag, RMT, mercing, content breaking, etc. Most servers back then were more like where Bahamut is now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-26-2021 at 11:22 AM.

  4. #14
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    279
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I just cannot overstate the fact that Asura does not need more players- it is larger now than most were at the game's peak population, and that causes problems- lag, RMT, mercing, content breaking, etc. Most servers back then were more like where Bahamut is now.
    While you are a well-known person against Asura, you need to Galka up and start offering them a warm welcome to your server.

    People who often ask a question like these here have no idea where to go or haven't decided themselves yet. Otherwise, Asura (NA/EU server) can welcome them.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,658
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    While you are a well-known person against Asura, you need to Galka up and start offering them a warm welcome to your server.

    People who often ask a question like these here have no idea where to go or haven't decided themselves yet. Otherwise, Asura (NA/EU server) can welcome them.
    See, I could do that, but that would be unfair to the other servers as well. There are a bunch that could use a new guy, and I'm not about to tell him that mine is better than those other ones.

    But I would dispute that most dont know where to go, Nearly everyone that comes here indicates they were told to join Asura.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    279
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    See, I could do that, but that would be unfair to the other servers as well. There are a bunch that could use a new guy, and I'm not about to tell him that mine is better than those other ones.

    But I would dispute that most dont know where to go, Nearly everyone that comes here indicates they were told to join Asura.
    Nothing is better than other servers. Just a better chance for people to leave Asura.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2