Character
    Espertek
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60

A problem with WAR AF quest (The Talekeeper's Truth)

I'm not sure if I should fill a bug report or not. I'm a new player so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have a problem with that part where you have to check the ??? spot
    (Palborough Mines G-10) to spawn the nestkeeper. It does not spawn. I only get "It's a Quadav egg" message and nothing else. I checked Youtube and it looks like I'm indeed at the correct spot. The Talekeeper's Truth is my current quest. I tried zoning in/out, relogging, killing all the mobs in the vicinity and yet nothing works. Is there a hidden timer or something? I googled and it looks like nobody had this problem.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    have you compared what you've done against a guide such as this one? Do you have the quest listed in your active quests?

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Talekeeper's_Truth

(0)

Character
    Espertek
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    Yes, I followed this guide to the letter. Though I started doing this quest six months ago and then went into a long hiatus. The weird thing is that I have the nearest homepoint unlocked. Maybe I summoned and killed that mob back then but my inventory was full and I didn't get the egg? I don't remember. I checked everywhere. Yet again, the guide says you may summon the mob more than once? Then why can't I summon him again?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
    Yes, I followed this guide to the letter. Though I started doing this quest six months ago and then went into a long hiatus. The weird thing is that I have the nearest homepoint unlocked. Maybe I summoned and killed that mob back then but my inventory was full and I didn't get the egg? I don't remember. I checked everywhere. Yet again, the guide says you may summon the mob more than once? Then why can't I summon him again?
    Sanity check: Are you sure you don't have the item? you can do /itemsearch "Item Name"
    (1)

Character
    Espertek
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    Nope. Found nothing. Also rechecked all my mog bags. Looks like I'll have to pass on this gear.
    (0)

Player
    I just wanted to double check, have you talked Deidogg multiple times? Did you try getting Parasite Skin and trading it? If those dont work, you should fill out a bug report and maybe try a GM? Thats what I would do, I dont know if it is the way SE would like you to go about it.
    (1)

Character
    Espertek
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    Thank you all for help. Turns out I did complete the first step! Realized it after I got parasite skin. How embarrassing.
    (2)

Player
    Glad you got it figured out, good luck on your adventures!
    (1)