Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

December 2020 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.

=========================
    Ask Questions for a Special FINAL FANTASY XI Digest Q&A

As mentioned in the video, we’re planning to host a special FINAL FANTASY XI Digest Q&A in January 2021.

If you have any burning questions for the development team regarding FFXI, or even general questions about the team, now is your chance to ask! We’ll forward the questions over to the team and have them answer in this special FFXI Digest.

Submission Deadline
    December 17, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. (PST)
    17 December 2020 at 8:00 a.m. (GMT)

Submit your questions via the submission page.
    (7)

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    HA!! I'm first!!! YAY!

Anyway, when will we see a major version update or revision of Warrior? Certain abilities are outdated or lacking like Restraint and retaliation.

Personally, I would love to see more of a increase in its ability to tank. Perhaps rework the Defender merit category to say it not only increases physical defense but magical too maybe? Also increases its enmity generation while in Defender too? Just some thoughts as I love playing the job.
    (0)

Character
    Codegen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Wow, the bug in the reporting of Sheol C chests, coffers and NMs is still there, so many months later and still never fixed.. disappointing.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Regarding the FFXI Digest Q&A, it's not too clear that we're limited to one question per SqEX Account, which it seems like after submitting and logging in again to submit another one (it's also not clear if submitting another one will "overwrite" the previous one).

I really hoped there was a chance to ask multiple questions, though I guess most of mine would have been things that I've already asked in the previous digest threads, where they didn't seem to spark any replies. ^^;

Also the 150 character limit is pretty rough.

(I guess the XI moogles are being very busy for some reason, since the ones in the form seem to be from XIV. I wonder what they're up to!)
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 12-10-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ninja buffs pretty please?, Also can we get Tanaka as a Ranger trust next year with a nerf gun
    (2)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 12-10-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Player
    Thank you for suggesting the Developer Q&A!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Genomeffxi View Post
    Wow, the bug in the reporting of Sheol C chests, coffers and NMs is still there, so many months later and still never fixed.. disappointing.
    Greetings Genomeffxi,

Once again, we would appreciate if you could please report the bug on our bug reporting section of the forums here following the template with the details so we can further investigate the issue.

Thank you.
    (4)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    Ninja buffs pretty please?, Also can we get Tanaka as a Ranger trust next year with a nerf gun
    (2)

9. 12-11-2020 08:24 AM

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I appreciate the Q&A suggestion as the one from March of this year was extremely helpful in getting new pets for Beastmaster (after several months of failed job adjustments). Let's face it, new pets should always come with new content or new armor, otherwise pet jobs will forever lag behind...but I digress). The Q&A limitation to just 1 question of 150 characters is super disappointing, given the effort of this part March's Q&A.

It's extremely obvious that the JP players have direct, unobstructed access to developers because they all speak Japanese. Posts like this one, are given direct responses and in an extremely timely manner. I think the last time I received a reply from Director Fujito, I had to drop a Beastmaster mythic and he has only made 5 posts in all of 2020 (none of which pertain to Beastmaster).

I don't mean to put un-do pressure on the NA Community folks, as they're good people and they seem to work very hard and they are probably stretched extremely thin across many Square-Enix properties. However, it shouldn't be considered a gratuitous "event" for NA players or English-speakers that our questions are going to translated and addressed, currently twice per year.

As a paying customer of almost two decades, I appreciate everything SE has done thus far. We get new content for my favorite game of all time, especially during a global pandemic. However, it would be extremely helpful, if the perception existed that NA/English-speaking players and JP players were given equal attention from the Development team. Currently, it feels like NA player concerns are only addressed during a twice/year Q&A "event". Please fix this.

(I also want to mention that my expectations are already extremely low, given that SE is a Japanese company, in which, even quarterly briefings for investors, also, are not automatically translated for outside or non-Japanese speaking consumption).

Thank for your time. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
    (5)

Character
    Codegen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings Genomeffxi,

Once again, we would appreciate if you could please report the bug on our bug reporting section of the forums here following the template with the details so we can further investigate the issue.

Thank you.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...ated-and-buggy

https://imgur.com/A2XmDfs
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast