Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

January 2021 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (2)

Player
    Just going to say the rewards better be pretty outstanding. Doesn't particularly sound appealing.
    (1)

Character
    Codegen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Reading that you cannot use trusts / alter egos in these boss battles is very disappointing.
    Many players probably worked hard at getting "Moogle Mastery" levels to go up, something which only affects alter egos, expecting that all that hard work and effort will pay up in the boss battles.

EDIT: luckily the English description in https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...l=1#post633079 is incorrect, you can use alter egos, the moogle in-game also says you can use trusts, and I went in solo and defeated a couple bosses with different trusts and job each time (Moogle mastery 40)
    (2)
    Last edited by Genomeffxi; 01-12-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorix View Post
    Just going to say the rewards better be pretty outstanding. Doesn't particularly sound appealing.
    A new animator thats 119 and not SU; and a Katana & Dagger with tanking stats and high -DT% is pretty damn good, imho. Dont forget they are augmentable too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pellerian; 01-12-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Apparently Unity Leader Trusts cannot be used at all in the new Odyssey Gaol, they weren't on the list inside the boss room. Was this something that was overlooked?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Genomeffxi View Post
    Reading that you cannot use trusts / alter egos in these boss battles is very disappointing.
    Many players probably worked hard at getting "Moogle Mastery" levels to go up, something which only affects alter egos, expecting that all that hard work and effort will pay up in the boss battles.

EDIT: luckily the English description in https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...l=1#post633079 is incorrect, you can use alter egos, the moogle in-game also says you can use trusts, and I went in solo and defeated a couple bosses with different trusts and job each time (Moogle mastery 40)
    Greetings Genomeffxi,

Thank you for pointing this out.

You can use alter egos inside Sheol: Gaol; however, once alter egos are called forth, they are removed from the list and cannot be called again until you leave Sheol: Gaol.
    We've adjusted the version update details to make this clearer.
    (1)

Character
    Paimeii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As we are prompted to give feedback on this version update I shall, for the first time in almost 18 years, bother to do so. I'll be frank, based on past experience with costumer support I do not have my hopes up.

Let me start by saying that I hope that you are all well and at the same time I'd like to thank you for still coming up with new content that has so much potential, especially so many years after initial release. I thoroughly enjoy the puzzle and tactics on these different NM's caused by job limitations. Hopefully it will also cause people to break away from the meta of over buffed melee WS spam, let alone Naegling and Savage blade even if its just for this content. But that on another note, considering how fast SE fixes balance issues we might well have to wait till the 20 year anniversary for that. Thank you also, for after months, fixing the Sheol: C information. I am one of those people that played with a dedicated set to cap out our Moogle Mastery, despite it being mostly useless so far, and it is very good so be able to see what we've got left to do now. So cheers on that! I also find it exceptionally pleasing that the NM level you defeat has influence on the level of augmentation. I'm hoping that for once, we'll get something again that is worth showing to others. Long has it been that I examined a person and though: "wow, has has that item he must have defeated some difficult foes and must have had a skilled team". Now all I think is: "Ooh he spent x amount of hours farming Abyssea, Einherjar, Nyzul (insert grind gate here)." I am hoping it is different with these rewards, could it please be hard to reach the final augment levels? Please? <3

As for the issues with Gaol:
    - We once faced a different NM than what we had selected. Marmorkrebs was waiting for us while we clicked something starting with a G. Sorry, I forgot the name and I do not dare to look back in the chatlog as the game frequently crashes when you do.
    - Gaol is so incredibly lag infested that is is unplayable. The lag is so bad that I wonder whether you took the server that runs Dynamis, took out a CPU or two and all its RAM and then made it run Sheol Gaol. This makes really made me disappointed as I really enjoyed the idea you guys doctored out for this content, job and thus strategy wise! Some examples:
    -- Inventories can take up to two minutes to load.
    -- Jobs at times simply won't change.
    -- Moogles and or the Conflux won't load (And you can't run away to force a reload because the area is so small.).
    -- Players won't be warped back to the staging area but were warped to the next NM fight, causing them to be on the same job twice. (Which was an issue because we had planned for him to change to a job that could heal ...)
    -- After defeating an NM it frequently says "Event skipped.".
    -- Sometimes we did not see the NM die (stuck on 1%) and got warped back to the staging area. There was no mention of receiving the KI either but we did as it was in our permanent KIs.
    -- Armor models did not change; causing people to play Samurai with Nirvana's model equipped as a weapon during the entire boss fight.
    -- We were able to enter without players having bought KI items (Honestly; as bad as that is it was the only thing experience we had doing this.).

The game is so old at this point that by now technology should allow us all to enjoy excellent frame rate, connections and no lag whatsoever. It shouldn't be so hard to at least increase the upload from the server to the players that are left. R3000? Come on, we're all on optic fiber these days. Or at least everyone who lives in the civilized world. Dynamis always lags terribly for everyone but at least there you have the excuse of a usually greater number of players and most certainly a greater number of monsters. It is safe to say that the lag experienced is not due to a bad connection on the part of the player. My point being; you can make the best content in the world but if its unplayable because of the service you offer, it will never be enjoyed by the player base you work so hard for. And I for one, find that an incredible shame because I know you put in a lot of effort, and FFXI, despite its old age, is still an amazing game.

So please,use some of the money of all those multiboxers to fix the Sheol servers, and all of them to be honest, while you are at it :-)
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmr View Post
    As we are prompted to give feedback on this version update I shall, for the first time in almost 18 years, bother to do so. I'll be frank, based on past experience with costumer support I do not have my hopes up.
    Greetings and Salutations Jmr,

Thank you for submitting this detailed feedback, we've made sure to take note along with other player remarks thus far.

In regards to the list of issues you've encountered within the new Sheol: Gaol we realize how frustrating some of these must have been when trying to participate in the content.

Could we also request that you post the bugs you encountered on our In-game Bug Section of the forums?
    It would be most appreciated if you could use this template when reporting with as much information as possible as it will help us further investigate the issues.

Thanks!
    (3)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

great job

Great Job everybody. Happy New year! I only had one question. Is it possible to do 5 buffalo/beast instead of 10. Competition gets hard sometimes.
    (0)

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmr View Post

Let me start by saying that I hope that you are all well and at the same time I'd like to thank you for still coming up with new content that has so much potential, especially so many years after initial release. I thoroughly enjoy the puzzle and tactics on these different NM's caused by job limitations. Hopefully it will also cause people to break away from the meta of over buffed melee WS spam, let alone Naegling and Savage blade even if its just for this content. But that on another note, considering how fast SE fixes balance issues we might well have to wait till the 20 year anniversary for that. Thank you also, for after months, fixing the Sheol: C information. I am one of those people that played with a dedicated set to cap out our Moogle Mastery, despite it being mostly useless so far, and it is very good so be able to see what we've got left to do now. So cheers on that! I also find it exceptionally pleasing that the NM level you defeat has influence on the level of augmentation. I'm hoping that for once, we'll get something again that is worth showing to others. Long has it been that I examined a person and though: "wow, has has that item he must have defeated some difficult foes and must have had a skilled team". Now all I think is: "Ooh he spent x amount of hours farming Abyssea, Einherjar, Nyzul (insert grind gate here)." I am hoping it is different with these rewards, could it please be hard to reach the final augment levels? Please? <3

As for the issues with Gaol:
    - We once faced a different NM than what we had selected. Marmorkrebs was waiting for us while we clicked something starting with a G. Sorry, I forgot the name and I do not dare to look back in the chatlog as the game frequently crashes when you do.
    - Gaol is so incredibly lag infested that is is unplayable. The lag is so bad that I wonder whether you took the server that runs Dynamis, took out a CPU or two and all its RAM and then made it run Sheol Gaol. This makes really made me disappointed as I really enjoyed the idea you guys doctored out for this content, job and thus strategy wise! Some examples:
    -- Inventories can take up to two minutes to load.
    -- Jobs at times simply won't change.
    -- Moogles and or the Conflux won't load (And you can't run away to force a reload because the area is so small.).
    -- Players won't be warped back to the staging area but were warped to the next NM fight, causing them to be on the same job twice. (Which was an issue because we had planned for him to change to a job that could heal ...)
    -- After defeating an NM it frequently says "Event skipped.".
    -- Sometimes we did not see the NM die (stuck on 1%) and got warped back to the staging area. There was no mention of receiving the KI either but we did as it was in our permanent KIs.
    -- Armor models did not change; causing people to play Samurai with Nirvana's model equipped as a weapon during the entire boss fight.
    -- We were able to enter without players having bought KI items (Honestly; as bad as that is it was the only thing experience we had doing this.).

The game is so old at this point that by now technology should allow us all to enjoy excellent frame rate, connections and no lag whatsoever. It shouldn't be so hard to at least increase the upload from the server to the players that are left. R3000? Come on, we're all on optic fiber these days. Or at least everyone who lives in the civilized world. Dynamis always lags terribly for everyone but at least there you have the excuse of a usually greater number of players and most certainly a greater number of monsters. It is safe to say that the lag experienced is not due to a bad connection on the part of the player. My point being; you can make the best content in the world but if its unplayable because of the service you offer, it will never be enjoyed by the player base you work so hard for. And I for one, find that an incredible shame because I know you put in a lot of effort, and FFXI, despite its old age, is still an amazing game.

So please,use some of the money of all those multiboxers to fix the Sheol servers, and all of them to be honest, while you are at it :-)
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast