Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

bonanza

bonanza went from being super fun to not getting any numbers on 7 characters. me no likey.
    (2)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I wouldve much rather had 10 separate numbers, than 1 that gets me a biscuit. What a waste of gil :l

Also, I still don't understand how we can have both the Xbox 360 and PS2 versions removed, access to new content and areas (as well as things like teleport crystals and mounts), but can't have updated server speeds lol.
    (0)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Sheol: Gaol nearly unplayable due to area specific information transfer delay

Dropping some feedback here also regarding the newly added Sheol: Gaol in-game content.

As a matter of fact, I was in the same party as Jmr, who gave their detailed feedback earlier on this thread. Here is some supplemental info regarding the issues our party experienced after trying Sheol: Gaol content in the evening of the latest update day.

After gathering our party of 6 people from same linkshell group, majority of us from EU area as far as i know, and entering Sheol: Gaol, all of us, every single party member, experienced severe delay on all actions and loading times. Inventories loaded extremely slow, and could easily take over 5 minutes to load, or not load at all whole run. Pressing any macro, or changing a piece of gear manually led to a 10 second or longer wait before the action actually happened within game. During this period events in-game would simply stand still and update on hopping intervals. Note that this is not merely my personal experience with the event. Quite a number of players, all from different parts of world have reported similar delay in Sheol: Gaol area. What makes this issue odd, is the fact that some players seem to not experience any action delay whatsoever, while for some the "lag" and action delay specific to Sheol: Gaol area makes the event utterly unplayable. Indeed, this delay is entirely specific to Sheol: Gaol area, as outside this area none of us seemed to have any problems with the game. Even during dynamis divergence event, that our linkshell group does twice a week in up to 18 people alliance, there is nowhere near as bad action delay as is on Sheol: Gaol. Clearly there is something specific to this particular event that causes it to be unplayable for some players.

Anyway, despite the content lagging so bad for all of us, we decided to soldier on and attempt to do the content nevertheless. After warping to the first boss enemy, we had extreme difficulties to buff our party due to the delay on all actions. While macro strings themselves worked fine, for me at least, the macros took easily more than 10 seconds to actually fire off and run. During that period there was nothing to do but wait and see whether whatever you did would actually work. This made the content naturally extremely frustrating to do. Despite all these difficulties, we eventually managed to defeat our first gaol boss and were warped back to lobby. Where our party proceeded to change into our secondary jobs in order to tackle the next boss. Several of the party members experienced great difficulties when it came to changing their job successfully. Some would change their job and yet their armors would never properly swap. It looked like person who changed their job from monk to scholar, was still wearing monk weapons and armors on sch! Using the <job> command immediately after changing to another job would display that person to still be on their old job. It took several seconds until the <job> command gave proper results. Like already mentioned, there was huge delay/lag on everything that required a server side update. After managing to defeat the second boss monster, despite all the frustrating difficulties related to this specific event, we were warped back to lobby again in order to change our jobs third time. Except, one of our party members never was... Our samurai had somehow lagged so hard they were left behind when the rest of party got warped to lobby and this was talked about on party chat. Naturally this occurrence caused great confusion as to how we should proceed from there on. Would we be able to warp into third boss area at all since one of our party members was left behind on old boss area, unable to change their job? This same person who was left behind and unable to access lobby was also supposed to be our healer for the third boss. Despite this, we decided to try anyway, intent on attempting to clear 3 bosses in row and to our great surprise, we got warped to the third boss with one party member still on same job that was already used. Needless to say, it was a rough battle. Luckily one of us was on dnc job, so we weren't totally without healing and managed to beat the third boss.

After leaving Sheol: Gaol area, and entering back to Rabao. None of us experienced any lag similar to what we had inside the content. Our party of 6 attempted a couple more runs that evening, hoping the lag/delay specific to this content would settle itself, and that the content would be at least remotely playable, but to no avail.

I have since then tried several runs solo. Just one person and 5 trusts. Trying on my own end to locate the exact issue and possibly offer the other party members some kind of workaround to make the content playable, and every single time the content has similar severe delay on all actions. Everything happens 10 seconds later, or not at all. Despite this not being merely my own experience regarding this content, i have still attempted several basic network related fixes, such as rebooting all my own network devices, using another computer with different and fully updated operating system, playing when the content is less congested etc. No luck. The content remains extremely frustrating to play and proper progression is nigh impossible. Luckily this does not affect the rest of Vana'diel, but it would sure be nice to experience the newly added content on equal standing with other players that don't experience any such delay in Sheol: Gaol content.
    (1)

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihika View Post
    Dropping some feedback here also regarding the newly added Sheol: Gaol in-game content.

As a matter of fact, I was in the same party as Jmr, who gave their detailed feedback earlier on this thread. Here is some supplemental info regarding the issues our party experienced after trying Sheol: Gaol content in the evening of the latest update day.

After gathering our party of 6 people from same linkshell group, majority of us from EU area as far as i know, and entering Sheol: Gaol, all of us, every single party member, experienced severe delay on all actions and loading times. Inventories loaded extremely slow, and could easily take over 5 minutes to load, or not load at all whole run. Pressing any macro, or changing a piece of gear manually led to a 10 second or longer wait before the action actually happened within game. During this period events in-game would simply stand still and update on hopping intervals. Note that this is not merely my personal experience with the event. Quite a number of players, all from different parts of world have reported similar delay in Sheol: Gaol area. What makes this issue odd, is the fact that some players seem to not experience any action delay whatsoever, while for some the "lag" and action delay specific to Sheol: Gaol area makes the event utterly unplayable. Indeed, this delay is entirely specific to Sheol: Gaol area, as outside this area none of us seemed to have any problems with the game. Even during dynamis divergence event, that our linkshell group does twice a week in up to 18 people alliance, there is nowhere near as bad action delay as is on Sheol: Gaol. Clearly there is something specific to this particular event that causes it to be unplayable for some players.

Anyway, despite the content lagging so bad for all of us, we decided to soldier on and attempt to do the content nevertheless. After warping to the first boss enemy, we had extreme difficulties to buff our party due to the delay on all actions. While macro strings themselves worked fine, for me at least, the macros took easily more than 10 seconds to actually fire off and run. During that period there was nothing to do but wait and see whether whatever you did would actually work. This made the content naturally extremely frustrating to do. Despite all these difficulties, we eventually managed to defeat our first gaol boss and were warped back to lobby. Where our party proceeded to change into our secondary jobs in order to tackle the next boss. Several of the party members experienced great difficulties when it came to changing their job successfully. Some would change their job and yet their armors would never properly swap. It looked like person who changed their job from monk to scholar, was still wearing monk weapons and armors on sch! Using the <job> command immediately after changing to another job would display that person to still be on their old job. It took several seconds until the <job> command gave proper results. Like already mentioned, there was huge delay/lag on everything that required a server side update. After managing to defeat the second boss monster, despite all the frustrating difficulties related to this specific event, we were warped back to lobby again in order to change our jobs third time. Except, one of our party members never was... Our samurai had somehow lagged so hard they were left behind when the rest of party got warped to lobby and this was talked about on party chat. Naturally this occurrence caused great confusion as to how we should proceed from there on. Would we be able to warp into third boss area at all since one of our party members was left behind on old boss area, unable to change their job? This same person who was left behind and unable to access lobby was also supposed to be our healer for the third boss. Despite this, we decided to try anyway, intent on attempting to clear 3 bosses in row and to our great surprise, we got warped to the third boss with one party member still on same job that was already used. Needless to say, it was a rough battle. Luckily one of us was on dnc job, so we weren't totally without healing and managed to beat the third boss.

After leaving Sheol: Gaol area, and entering back to Rabao. None of us experienced any lag similar to what we had inside the content. Our party of 6 attempted a couple more runs that evening, hoping the lag/delay specific to this content would settle itself, and that the content would be at least remotely playable, but to no avail.

I have since then tried several runs solo. Just one person and 5 trusts. Trying on my own end to locate the exact issue and possibly offer the other party members some kind of workaround to make the content playable, and every single time the content has similar severe delay on all actions. Everything happens 10 seconds later, or not at all. Despite this not being merely my own experience regarding this content, i have still attempted several basic network related fixes, such as rebooting all my own network devices, using another computer with different and fully updated operating system, playing when the content is less congested etc. No luck. The content remains extremely frustrating to play and proper progression is nigh impossible. Luckily this does not affect the rest of Vana'diel, but it would sure be nice to experience the newly added content on equal standing with other players that don't experience any such delay in Sheol: Gaol content.
    (0)

Character
    Darcain
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Special Digest?

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

Ask Questions for a Special FINAL FANTASY XI Digest Q&A

As mentioned in the video, we’re planning to host a special FINAL FANTASY XI Digest Q&A in January 2021.

If you have any burning questions for the development team regarding FFXI, or even general questions about the team, now is your chance to ask! We’ll forward the questions over to the team and have them answer in this special FFXI Digest.

Submission Deadline
    December 17, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. (PST)
    17 December 2020 at 8:00 a.m. (GMT)

Submit your questions via the submission page.
    When can we expect to see the Q&A from our submissions last month? There was no mention of it in this month's Digest as previously stated.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    From the description it sounds like its supposed to be a special episode, although that's just how I read it and I could totally be wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

ambuscade

i would like to see more ambuscade even if it was a separate battle but one that my crappy unwell geared mules can play, trying to power them up and equip them better but everytime an ambuscade comes out they die with one punch even if friends bring them in.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

ambuscade slow months

on slow months like this is it possible to get more seals in the ambuscade rewards? 300pts for a 10-20 min fight not counting the ki is kinda low, so it would be nice to have some bonuses.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Another month with absolutely no action on automation, crafting hacks, and egregious cheating. I was able to tolerate it until recently, but it's got so bad now that the game just isn't fun for me any longer. Nothing I can do is unaffected.

I stopped playing about 6 months ago and maintained my subscription in the hope things would change. They haven't. I really love this game and I want to play with my linkshell friends, but the lack of rules enforcement is ruining it for me. I guess I'll check back on the forums every now and again to see if things are improving, but for now, you've lost a customer. For what it's worth, I was subscribed for 12 years, with only a single 4 month break.
    (6)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 01-20-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Another month with absolutely no action on automation, crafting hacks, and egregious cheating. I was able to tolerate it until recently, but it's got so bad now that the game just isn't fun for me any longer. Nothing I can do is unaffected.

I stopped playing about 6 months ago and maintained my subscription in the hope things would change. They haven't. I really love this game and I want to play with my linkshell friends, but the lack of rules enforcement is ruining it for me. I guess I'll check back on the forums every now and again to see if things are improving, but for now, you've lost a customer. For what it's worth, I was subscribed for 12 years, with only a single 4 month break.
    I just wanted to bring your attention to: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html
    Maybe they are not doing enough, but they are doing something. I frequently see the people that are automating, craft hacking, and egregiously cheating disappear about a month after reporting or very visible cheating. However, I don't know how many people report on smaller servers such as Phoenix.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast