Dear Square Enix, why is RUN so much stronger than PLD?

Not only does RUN have a higher PDT mitigation cap (75% with Epeolatry, compared to 68% with Burtgang) and higher party magic mitigation, it ALSO does more damage (with a 2-hand weapon!). It just makes no sense why RUN is a better tank (especially for end-game content) and also a moderate damage dealer. If nothing else, put 'Physical Damage Taken II -25%' on Burtgang.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Because Paladins have shields, Much higher defense, Majesty Protect V, and can self cure.

... Also because Paladins have Aegis
    (1)
    Last edited by Xilk; 01-17-2021 at 12:07 AM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    yes please buff fealty and atonement this is unfair, attonment used to do 750 damage at 75 era without a burtgang, SO IT should do atleast 17500 now fealty used to work on anything , sure cast was long but things did not spam charm for example, please fix paladin
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Because Paladins have shields, Much higher defense, Majesty Protect V, and can self cure.

... Also because Paladins have Aegis
    old 99 RE shields are horrible with defence tho
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    old 99 RE shields are horrible with defence tho
    Yep, everything is situational. There are trade offs of when things are strong and other things are weak. I think this is good design. If you just make 1 job the always best tank for every situation, it gets boring really fast.
    The irony is complaining about the comparison between the 25% pdt II stat on Epeolatry, while the Aegis has 50% MDT II

There is a perfectly balanced correlation between the 2 jobs this way.

Rune fencer has MUCH higher magic defense overall, but cannot CAP MDT specifically.
    Paladin has MUCH higher physical defense overall, but cannot hit as high PDT as Rune fencer.

regardless of this juxtaposition, Rune Fencer is still way better than PLD when it come to magic tanking and Paladin is still MUCH better than Rune Fencer when it comes to Physical Tanking.

Frankly, I think Majesty is a SUPER powerful Job ability and the recent shield changes were very well done.

I think the balance between the 2 for tanking is REALLY good. I would rather see other jobs be able to tank more effectively. NOT as well as Paladin and Rune Fencer, but just so that its viable. Ninja and Dancer being some important ones. Its like they have all the tools, but still can't quite manage very well.

I want more jobs to be able to tank (not dd and tank, just tank), because it balances party roles out more. If there are 3 jobs viable for healing, and 2 jobs viable for tanking, and 3 jobs viable for support, then the other 14 Jobs are fighting for the dd slots. That is the biggest imbalance in the game design I see now. not the Rune Fencer vs Paladin balance. Frankly, they are really well balanced those 2. Rune Fencer is just more popular because of the meta. That's not a job change, that's a meta change needed.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Sorry for the late reply
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    However my afterglowed ochain more then makes up for a few dt missing.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    However my afterglowed ochain more then makes up for a few dt missing.
    Doesn't make up for Ochain being a subpar shield!
    (0)