Character
    Neodevilbane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 75

Many questions! (just returned after 10 years)

I've been kind of keeping up with things from afar but not really. I have some very basic questions...

* How do I check and see where I left off in terms of the expansion missions and all of that? I think I got far into Chains of Promathia but I'm not sure if I finished it, for example.

* Trusts/"alter egos"! Do they pretty much replace the need for getting a party, or what? I'm looking at guides about where to go to get them. Are there ones particularly better to get than others?

* What is the difference between Trusts and "Adventuring Fellow"s? Is getting an "Adventuring Fellow" even worth it? From what I'm reading they seem more restrictive than the Trusts/"alter egos."

* Traveling around the world! Back when I was playing people had to stand in Jeuno and shout and pay for Teleports here and there. What's the options for quickly getting around the world nowadays?
    (1)

Character
    Vonima
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDevilbane View Post
    I've been kind of keeping up with things from afar but not really. I have some very basic questions...

* How do I check and see where I left off in terms of the expansion missions and all of that? I think I got far into Chains of Promathia but I'm not sure if I finished it, for example.
    In the main menus there is a menu called 'Missions', where you can confirm the name of your latest accepted mission and also the names of all completed missions.

* Trusts/"alter egos"! Do they pretty much replace the need for getting a party, or what? I'm looking at guides about where to go to get them. Are there ones particularly better to get than others?
    - Think of trusts as stand-ins for other players. If you do not have anyone to party with for content, summon your trusts! For leveling to 99, majority of people level solely using trusts (gone are the days of 'looking for party' unless you want to join up with a friend to level, which is still possible of course (you may also call trusts after inviting someone else too!
    - Get any trust you can get your hands on. A good place to start is the 'Records of Eminence' tutorial menu which awards free trust ciphers (the item traded to gain access to a trust). The tutorial menu trusts will fill-out a basic party, including tank, healer, dd, support.
    - If trusts are available in a login campaign, I recommend grabbing all that you don't have.

* What is the difference between Trusts and "Adventuring Fellow"s? Is getting an "Adventuring Fellow" even worth it? From what I'm reading they seem more restrictive than the Trusts/"alter egos."
    -Adventuring fellows level separately from the character. Trusts are the same level as the character summoning them. I would not pursue adventuring fellow for now as it is quickly made obsolete after 99.

* Traveling around the world! Back when I was playing people had to stand in Jeuno and shout and pay for Teleports here and there. What's the options for quickly getting around the world nowadays?
    Get all of your Survival Guides and Home Points! Players can now warp between home points.

Other info:
    - to increase the number of trusts you can summon, complete the 'Rhapsodies of Vanadiel' missions, which unlock additional trust slots as you progress.
    (0)

Character
    Neodevilbane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 75
    Thanks!

Are things like Ballista still being used? Is the Kraken Club still lusted after? Do gangs of like 30 people still camp out notorious monsters for drops and such?
    (1)

Character
    Vonima
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Ballista? Rumor has it there is still a lost player roaming the wilds of the ballista field. Some say that if you stop by a Herald and pause for a moment you can still hear their echoing plea: "/quarry, /quarry, /quarry". But, alas, it may only be the lonely lapping of the river in Jugner...

Kraken Club? Niche uses and nostalgia fixes.

Gangs? Hard no.
    (1)

Player
    Just incase you haven't been told yet, this is a great guide https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide Also, welcome back!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDevilbane View Post
    Thanks!

Are things like Ballista still being used? Is the Kraken Club still lusted after? Do gangs of like 30 people still camp out notorious monsters for drops and such?
    On asura I think there's a linkshell or a group that sets up matches now and then. On Shiva, I do it from time to time.

Heaven for bid we do something just for fun in the game once in a while. lol.
    Some would say without rewards it was DOA but it had a small cult following for years.
    (1)