Player

Please don't ignore casual content

I quit another MMORPG because all they ever did was add more endgame content, after a while I got sick of doing it and just stopped playing.

FFXI has a lot of legacy casual content but you need to update it now and then, there is no reason you can't update monstrosity, mog gardens, gardening, adventuring fellow, fishing, etc

If you don't do this you're going to lose a lot of players, not only casual players but also hardcore players that do casual stuff as the "spice on the meal"

Updating the casual content doesn't require mass amounts of work, please keep this in mind.
    (4)

2. 01-10-2021 03:15 AM

3. 01-10-2021 03:45 AM

Player
    Mog garden still matters since players still have to rank them up to max in order to get Ygnas trust btw.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ignore casual content? a 2 year long storyline isn't exactly hardcore.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Know how to play more causal content? Multi-boxing.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Ignore casual content? a 2 year long storyline isn't exactly hardcore.
    Casual content is gameplay content that keeps you playing, any and all story content can be completed in days. It's high burn rate.

Monster rearing in mog gardens kept me logging in for 5-6 months.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Casual content is gameplay content that keeps you playing, any and all story content can be completed in days. It's high burn rate.

Monster rearing in mog gardens kept me logging in for 5-6 months.
    I mean, it gets expanded with every update, so I think it's pretty good at making people keep playing.

On the flip side, I haven't even touched Monster Rearing and I've barely touched the mog garden. I find it uninteresting and I've been given no compelling reason to do it otherwise.
    (0)

Player
    If you unlock and get the final monster to max you unlock cheers, cheers give your trusts perma boost at all times. +3 refresh on all trusts is worth doing, or at least it was for me.

Jumbotender cheer:

Confers an experience point bonus of 7%,

increases movement speed by 3%

increases alter ego "Regen" by 5 and "Refresh" by 3.

You can also unlock a gil casket in your mog garden, which allows you to "bank" all your gil in so you can't accidentally lose it from some mistake in a bazaar or something. Or just hold 2 billion instead of 1.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-12-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Some of the items that those key items from Monster Rearing unlock for the Green Thumb Moogle can also be handy, if a bit pricey.

I believe I just got the final cheer myself the other day, meaning I raised them all. That took a while. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.