Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's not what I was asking. The reason being given is that the game is being forced to run on the integrated graphics instead of the discrete chipset. But even integrated graphics from the last several years ought to have no problem with this game.
    To be honest, we knew we love FFXI since 2003 but most of time it's all about the software issues rather than the hardware issues. The modern programmers are too lazy to keep the old games alive. FFXI works fine on a desktop but if you play it on an Optimus laptop you need a special something.

Are you still acting an angry Galka? Always an angry Galka when I say FFXI is still DirectX 8.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    To be honest, we knew we love FFXI since 2003 but most of time it's all about the software issues rather than the hardware issues. The modern programmers are too lazy to keep the old games alive. FFXI works fine on a desktop but if you play it on an Optimus laptop you need a special something.

Are you still acting an angry Galka? Always an angry Galka when I say FFXI is still DirectX 8.
    I'm not angry about anything? I'm both well aware of and couldn't care less w hat tech the game runs off of as long as we can still play it.
    (1)

Player
    anyhoo.....

can forum admin explain why this thread:
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-modern-laptop
    marked closed, while issue are still not resolved, which they put into "Resolved Issue" section?

I purposely referencing that thread on my 1st post, which I also participate, expecting answers, and still none. :?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Sounds pretty normal to me.

Please don't insult my intelligence or talk to me in the condescending manner of your post. Your numbers really aren't far out of the ordinary. But since you, as you said, are talking about a dual GPU seystem, why haven't you disabled the intel / whatever generic graphics device in device manager (sometimes you can also disable it in BIOS) to force the "real" GPU to be used?

I mean, the reality is, even today's basic integrated graphics run the game as well as PCs that were new when FFXI came out. And this is because the game barely uses the GPU at all.
    Please stop posting.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    Please stop posting.
    Please use the block list if you don't like another poster.
    (3)

Character
    Holthaus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If the OP would post his complete PC setup details, it might help provide some better feedback and get us out of this flame festival. I'm curious to know your technical support feedback as well.

Also, I'm not sure mentioning a 4-year old post to use as a hammer to the human souls that still roam SE's halls is the right method. As my tech friend said, Windows has added so many instruction sets to the OS in recent years that it makes it harder for integrated graphics or any overall setup to run like it did back then. It may still be Windows 10 in name, but the service releases continue to change the environment all of our applications run in, not just FFXI.

Hence, yes, close old post, please start a new one for the new situation so it can be tested and commented on properly, even if it's just from the community. It's the right call.
    (0)

Player
    if you must know, & sorry haven't checked again:

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/asus-rog-strix-gl503ge-8195

That's pretty much specs on my laptop, except I replace SSD with old SATA 1TB.

& no, it's still pretty much same situation, but the old post were closed without official explanation & even marked as "Resolved" when it's clearly not. I do get what you guys said, but I do really want to hear from dev's own typing words. I mean... how hard is it to reply? Does idling a topic for certain amount of time automatically marks it as "Resolved" even thought it's still not?
    (1)

Character
    Holthaus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Alright. A couple things you're going to need to try first.

#1 it helps to re-register the game with system registry as sometimes that will cause certain crashing issues. This will involve a command line interface script. Search command in your circle "Cortana" search button to find and launch the Command App. Once done, drop these two scripts in and hit enter on these, one at a time.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"

Make sure that is where the two files are before you do this.

#2 telling Windows to prioritize the Nvidia graphics instead of Intel

Right-click on the desktop
    Click on Display Settings
    Scroll all the way down and click Graphics Settings
    Choose an app to set a preference > Desktop App
    Browse
    Locate your pol.exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer, then click on add
    Options will pop up - Choose High-Performance (assuming it shows your Nvidia card for this option)
    Locate your polboot.exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI, then click on add
    Options will pop up - Choose High-Performance (assuming it shows your Nvidia card for this option)

After the above, run the game and check your frame rate in Windows button + G Xbox Game bar and see how it goes. Beyond that, I won't be able to help, but at least this will solve the community help portion of this deal and provide a solid path away from people who want a post count instead of helping you out. And also help to not crash during your first A.M.A.N. Trove back (with two more kills on the next two attempts lol).
    (1)
    Last edited by edsports1; 01-30-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Player
    sorry, was only able to check recently...

Quote Originally Posted by edsports1 View Post
    Alright. A couple things you're going to need to try first.

#1 it helps to re-register the game with system registry as sometimes that will cause certain crashing issues. This will involve a command line interface script. Search command in your circle "Cortana" search button to find and launch the Command App. Once done, drop these two scripts in and hit enter on these, one at a time.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"

Make sure that is where the two files are before you do this.

#2 telling Windows to prioritize the Nvidia graphics instead of Intel

Right-click on the desktop
    Click on Display Settings
    Scroll all the way down and click Graphics Settings
    Choose an app to set a preference > Desktop App
    Browse
    Locate your pol.exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer, then click on add
    Locate your polboot.exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI, then click on add

After the above, run the game and check your frame rate in Windows button + G Xbox Game bar and see how it goes. Beyond that, I won't be able to help, but at least this will solve the community help portion of this deal and provide a solid path away from people who want a post count instead of helping you out. And also help to not crash during your first A.M.A.N. Trove back (with two more kills on the next two attempts lol).

tried your solution & i think it works! at least i didn't experience heavy lag anymore. Thx.

btw, i didn't do your #1 though, just #2.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    sorry, was only able to check recently...

tried your solution & i think it works! at least i didn't experience heavy lag anymore. Thx.

btw, i didn't do your #1 though, just #2.
    I've had to do that once before, it's only really necessary if your registry gets messed up. Though sometimes this can be caused by having backed up your FFXI install and re-copying the backups over a new install of the game.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2