Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    "2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay."

So, Pixela, that isn't against the rules?
    Using a tool to control 6 clients with one controller isn't automation.

Automation is using scripts to run the game unattended. Multiboxing does not necessarily mean automation.

Personally I only have an issue with people using tools to do things that a normal player couldn't possibly do. i.e. speedhacking, gaining acceess to information and data that is not normally shown to the player, etc. Of course that also includes automation scripts to let the game play itself without your intervention. Things that are designed to harm other players' experiences. As long as the multiboxer is actually present and playing, I don't have much problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by someone else
    I never said that multiboxing is cheating. I said that the vast majority of people who multibox are cheating. There's a fine difference, but I think that it's a very important one.
    I agree that there is a difference. I disagree with the notion that most multiboxers are also cheaters. Some do, yes. But this is another thing that probably varies greatly by server.

I also agree with the notion that FFXI's slower pace of combat does make real time multiboxing (i.e. actually playing multiple instances of the game at once without special help) quite possible unlike most modern MMOs.

It's weird how much I find myself agreeing with Pixela in this thread. Cats and dogs, mass hysteria.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-31-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    FFXI has fairly slow combat, ironically this makes it a very profitable subscription MMO because so many people can and do multibox (multibolxing is far more diffiult on other games are does require a lot more "help", this is not the case on FFXI). If they did take action on multiboxing (which is not against the rules) they would lose possibly 1/4 of the monthly subs.

The age of the engine is kind of irrelevant anyway though, there are plenty of multiboxers on ffxiv too, and all the things you complain about are on there too.

Back in the day I would use 2 characters in group content like Dynamis or HNM, I didn't even know how to use all these tools some are complaining about. I had my main and I had my alt from my laptop with a controller on my lap, when I needed to use my other character I would move my hands off my keyboard and pick up the controller to fire off the macro, then drop the controller and put my hands on the keyboard again. It's that easy.
    And what does pace as to do with this? You clearly were never ganked by 30 Moonkins on WoW who appears out of Catform stealth. Please stop imagining things.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Sirmarki;632926]"2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay."

So, Pixela, that isn't against the rules. It is against the rules when one button does 6 different things each for 5 characters, its like the old qufim tower exp bott situation
    (1)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    And beside that this game is fast when max buffed pixela please stop protecting 3rd Party hax. Back in the day ul alt tab and manually press ur macros but not today back in the day windower was a bannable offense and you would not tell any 1 if ur running it now u just press one button and it does 10 different things how is that not botting? Like 10 different things including gear-swaps lol... this is a lua that windower devs sells for a couple of thousand dollara or there is one where it knows what to do for whatever situation. And that is also against the rules
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    And beside that this game is fast when max buffed pixela please stop protecting 3rd Party hax. Back in the day ul alt tab and manually press ur macros but not today back in the day windower was a bannable offense and you would not tell any 1 if ur running it now u just press one button and it does 10 different things how is that not botting? Like 10 different things including gear-swaps lol... this is a lua that windower devs sells for a couple of thousand dollara or there is one where it knows what to do for whatever situation. And that is also against the rules
    they aren't "hax"ing. lol

Some multiboxers are straight up cheaters, yes, just like some people who don't do it are. But it's a falsehood to suggest that all/most of them are.

I'm also not opposed to UI mods / QOL improvements. As long as it doesnt play the game for you, give you an obvious advantage (speedhacking) or give you access to something you shouldn't know about (id numbers, hidden targets, other info that isn't given to the player) I don't have a problem with it. There's a difference between things that improve the hud/ smooth out bad design elements on SE's part that they refuse to fix and things that are outright cheating. If you're against player made QOL improvements, then you'd better not play WoW or most any other MMO, even FFXIV, where they've taken a more relaxed stance on certain things (like parsers), as long as they aren't used to harass others.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    The vast majority of people who multibox, just have 1 or 2 other characters. They don't do serious endgame, they are not haxxors, they are just playing the game with extra characters to self heal and buff. I know someone that is a mom and she plays a few hours in the evenings, she uses her character, her little taru alt and her husbands char sometimes. She isn't in the Matrix with her VR headset on, using a powerglove and super AI hax powering her 2 alts. Most people are just fumbling around.

The fact some people do these things does not make them the majority anymore than saying the majority use gearswap. A lot of endgame players do, most players do not and in-fact most don't even do content over Difficult either.

Your hatred for multiboxing is making you generalize them all to be some great evil, they aren't.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    On topic, I see no reason to not have an ambuscade leaderboard, if it makes people happy. Ambuscade is an artificial instanced event, there is no realistic RPG aspect to it, NMs are not being hunted in the wilderness, it is completely automated and synthetic, like a sporting event, so there is no reason not to apply sporting leaderboards to it. I personally don't do ambuscade, so it doesn't affect me.

On the multi-box thing, I have no issues with people multi-boxing, provided they are using 100% pure vanilla FFXI code.

I have stated a million times, FFXI vanilla code is a masterpiece work of art. I consider FFXI vanilla code to be the most beautiful and magnificent achievement in human history. Adding any kind of external 3rd-party code to the core vanilla FFXI game, is like spray-painting graffiti on the Mona Lisa.

I don't care what the minor 3rd party tweaks are, convenience / cosmetic / etc. I am an FFXI Puritan, I have seen the beauty of the Game As It Is Intended To Be Played, and I completely reject, and recoil in disgust from, any alterations to the true vanilla FFXI code, which to me is the most beautiful thing in my life.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 01-01-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4