Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Other than the fact some have even beaten the trove mimic chest monster that spawns and showed them doing so on YouTube?
    Also, can you beat 16 seconds on AMAN Trove clear?
    That about sounds like the time it takes to flee to the chest from the entrance, so probably not.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Other than the fact some have even beaten the trove mimic chest monster that spawns and showed them doing so on YouTube?
    Also, can you beat 16 seconds on AMAN Trove clear?
    A multiboxer works best when there is nothing happening out of the ordinary, they put massive buffs on a tricked out damage job and overpower the enemy before it can kill them (also the person you're talking about has best in slot for every one of his alts, his characters are all overpowered already). A youtube video is a best case scenario, they don't show you the 20 failures or the 10 unimpressive clears, they show the best.

I've multiboxed, not only am I terrible at it (most people are fairly poor at it and can't solo multibox VDv1 etc, you're watching an "elite" player at the top of his game, showing his best videos) but the moment something unexpected happens it all totally falls apart anyway (yes even for him). What if the tank dies, you think the multibox rdm is going to be able to kite the enemies around, or throw out chainspell bind / grav / raise / cure / superbuff etc or whatever else? no they just wipe and start again because they can't react to unforeseen circumstances. Most of these alts react in a very scripted manner, they are worse than trusts (but far better geared).

Multiboxing is one of two things: it's either someone doing the equivalent of patting their head and rubbing their stomach at the same time (which is confusing, has delays and is stressful) or it's "scripted actions" on 5/6 of the characters and the 6th is the one they actually play and it's superman with all the buffs. Neither of these are anywhere near as good as 5-6 well geared players all playing one character each.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The vast majority of multiboxers are people who've already decided the rules don't apply to them. What else are they up to that puts them head and shoulders above the rest?

For as long as the rules aren't enforced in FFXI, any leaderboards are just going to be a roughly ordered list of players using the most (or most egregious) third party tools. I'm not against the leaderboard idea per se - it'd probably be fun! - but we need to accept what it'll become if SE aren't willing to enforce rules at the same time.
    (2)

Player
    Multiboxing isn't against the rules, it just means having multiple accounts. You can play legit and multibox.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    The vast majority of multiboxers are people who've already decided the rules don't apply to them. What else are they up to that puts them head and shoulders above the rest?

For as long as the rules aren't enforced in FFXI, any leaderboards are just going to be a roughly ordered list of players using the most (or most egregious) third party tools. I'm not against the leaderboard idea per se - it'd probably be fun! - but we need to accept what it'll become if SE aren't willing to enforce rules at the same time.
    I don't really have the same dim vision of these people. The way I see it, multiboxers are people wh o just got tired of other people being unreliable and would prefer to do everything themselves to the maximum extent possible. Most of the people I know who do it, only use tools to facilitate controlling multiple characters with a single set of inputs. They're not like speedhacking or teleporting or doing anything else that's egregiously cheat-y.. And even with help it takes a certain degree of skill to manage an entire party of not-trusts by yourself.

Maybe the ones I know about are better people than most. I don't know, but I don't see all multiboxers as people bent on breaking rules.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Multiboxing isn't against the rules, it just means having multiple accounts. You can play legit and multibox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Most of the people I know who do it, only use tools to facilitate controlling multiple characters with a single set of inputs.
    "2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay."

So, Pixela, that isn't against the rules?
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    You are ignorant about multi-boxing and are generalizing everyone based on some youtuber, no it's not against the rules.

What you posted is not required to multi-box. All you need to multi-box is alt tab. Many people don't even do that, and just have multiple computers and keyboards / controllers.

I had two desktops and a laptop personally.

Not my image but it shows how some do it, this guy is well above my pay grade though.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-setup/.111697

Now that the PS2 service for Final Fantasy XI has ended, Kagura has moved on... to PC, and he still has a staggering amount of electronics in his room.
    As you can see, he's since upgraded his TVs and has added Dragon Quest X and Final Fantasy XIV and XV to his itinerary (he's a really big fan of these series). He says buying ten PCs to play FFXI would be "tough"... so he's bought seven instead. He also has three Dragon Quest accounts and two FFXIV accounts, so he's still playing a total of 12 different accounts. He says it's "advantageous" to play online games with multiple accounts and was already thinking of creating a second account when playing FFXI's beta test.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 12-29-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That's too many. lol

I think all the rules are up to SE to decide whether to punish offenders while interacting with the community. Even they knew you have broken the rules they chose not to talk about it and so shall you choose not to talk about it yourself either. Since this game was made to run the PS2 you can't stop players from using any third party tool. Yes, third party tools provide better QoL features but you can't blame other (such as bots) because all the third party tools breaking the rules equally.

Some people are lazy and impatient, they do it anyway before they head out for work or go to sleep then come back to their screens to see how they are doing. We are grown up people we have our time limited (wife/husband aggro). So as long as they do in an appropriate way and not exploiting other players, I don't see what is the problem with that.

Could be why people prefer to avoid this official forum and post somewhere else they think is safe.
    (0)

Player
    4-5 years ago there was a mass banning mentality on here, almost everyone I know that uses forums to talk about FFXI was banned and so can't post here at all.

Similar thing happened on the ff14 forums I was told but to a lesser degree, ffxi players are older and so less used to feefee pandering.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    4-5 years ago there was a mass banning mentality on here, almost everyone I know that uses forums to talk about FFXI was banned and so can't post here at all.

Similar thing happened on the ff14 forums I was told but to a lesser degree, ffxi players are older and so less used to feefee pandering.
    Well, I lost my account to a RMT hacker more than 10 years ago. Even if I say it there would be a "you lost it your totally fault" mentality.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast