Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here.

Last month I gave you my final greetings for the 2020 version updates, but here I am again in late December with information for January! The end of the year is a busy time for everyone, and we here on the FINAL FANTASY XI team are no different!

Let’s get right down to business!

First up is the long-awaited addition of the boss area to Odyssey. A variety of tricky fiends are just waiting for you to dare to stop them! Equipment earned from this content can be improved further based on the difficulty level on which you’ve beaten it, so seasoned veterans will experience greater rewards for tackling these difficult battles. I could waz on about the various battle systems for ages, but I’ll leave more details for the digest and version update notes. Be sure to tune in!

Next on the list are the monthly updates to Ambuscade. Medusae are back and buffaloes make their first appearance. Last month features a rather complex gimmick, so this time we’re keeping it simple with a one-monster battle. Although the buffalo may look slow and lumbering, its attacks pack a wallop. If you face it head on, you’ll seize victory without fail. Give it your best shot!

We’ve also made some improvements to the Assist Channel feature based on your feedback. We’ve also added in NPC to explain some of the features in-game. The Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign is about to start, so this is the perfect time to get acquainted with this new means of connecting experienced veterans with fresh-faced recruits. We will continue to monitor feedback, so if you have any ideas on how to make it even easier to use, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Tokyo is starting to get a bit chilly as we head deeper into winter. Those of you in areas with heavy snowfall should make sure to stay extra toasty and safe this season—maybe by spending some time indoor in Vana’diel!

See you in game, and Happy New Year!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation Timing Update Task and Details In-progress Task Details
January Record of Eminence ・ Update monthly objectives -
Content and System-related
Implementation Timing Update Task and Details In-progress Task Details
January Ambuscade ・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
January Odyssey ・ Add new battle content
・ Add new items
-