Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And NGL, I could probably do the exact same thing as you, as quite frankly I might argue that one or two semi-possibly-innocent people is a small price to pay to smack down a bunch of bots in one swoop.
    Acceptable losses vs one innocent wrongly convicted makes you guilty as well.
    My view tends to be toward the latter, but when emotion kicks in, the former looks so terribly appealing.
    (4)

Character
    Ninjtsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I mean, that process may be unnecssary to you, but clearly it isn't to them.
    your steamroller method is likely to pick up non RMT in the crossfire, and SE clearly isn't willing to take t hat risk. They have their process because they don't want anyone to be banned without 100% confirmation of a violation. And unfortunately, they decide that on an individual basis.

And NGL, I could probably do the exact same thing as you, as quite frankly I might argue that one or two semi-possibly-innocent people is a small price to pay to smack down a bunch of bots in one swoop.

The problem is, those bots will come back, the real players probably won't. It's a game of whack-a-mole you can't win, even with a considerably more efficient process.
    I see u in every post defending SE, what's your problem?
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Arven View Post
    Grow up - 10 chars
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Acceptable losses vs one innocent wrongly convicted makes you guilty as well.
    My view tends to be toward the latter, but when emotion kicks in, the former looks so terribly appealing.
    I agree. Plus if the salvage bans of the olden days are any indication, one innocent ban would spark massive outrage.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not defending SE, I'm merely accepting reality. And the reality is, they don't do things the way you would want to and I don't see that as likely to change. Certainly not by spamming the boards with screencaps of STF reports.

I want it to change as much as you do, but your method to promote change is guaranteed less effective than simply complaining about it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-04-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Character
    Ninjtsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Grow up - 10 chars
    Speak clearly I don't understand your comment.
    (0)

7. 08-04-2021 04:45 PM

Character
    Zeroths
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm not defending SE, I'm merely accepting reality. And the reality is, they don't do things the way you would want to and I don't see that as likely to change. Certainly not by spamming the boards with screencaps of STF reports.

I want it to change as much as you do, but your method to promote change is guaranteed less effective than simply complaining about it.
    Square Enix has created this forum for us the players/community to improve the game's experience. Accepting reality is merely not appropriate when it comes to Bots and RMTs. We as a community should assist Square Enix in its good effort to fight bots and RMTs. If you have a better and effective way of fixing the bot and RMTs issue, then we shall hear it. However, for the time being, we should assist Square Enix and the Final Fantasy XI team in their fight against Bots and RMTs. Every action against those violating the game's rules and regulations is counted. We are counting on you Galka.
    (0)

Player
    Speak clearly I don't understand your comment.
    I'm stating you're acting like a child, the "10 chars" part is due to the forum not allowing you to post a comment below 10 characters.

It's not "defending the company" it's just making a argument that makes sense. If you have an argument to make, make it. If someone offers an opinion against you, then refute them if you can.

Don't just fall back on "stop defending the company and refuting my hysterical posts!", it's not a virtue to attack the company that makes the game you're playing.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroths View Post
    Square Enix has created this forum for us the players/community to improve the game's experience. Accepting reality is merely not appropriate when it comes to Bots and RMTs. We as a community should assist Square Enix in its good effort to fight bots and RMTs. If you have a better and effective way of fixing the bot and RMTs issue, then we shall hear it. However, for the time being, we should assist Square Enix and the Final Fantasy XI team in their fight against Bots and RMTs. Every action against those violating the game's rules and regulations is counted. We are counting on you Galka.

They created these forums to discuss the game, offer news, and offer a channel for feedback.

They didn't create these forums to have people spam them with useless images that serve no purpose and won't convince anyone of anything, other than that you may be taking your passion for rooting out botters just a little too far.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-05-2021 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Wrong poster named

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroths View Post
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/c...php?id=20&la=1

Report to Special Task Force at the bottom.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast