Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    Resolved, thank you to the GM's for assisting us and getting this expedited to the STF!
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Game Master's need more direct power in these instances
    Thing is, I'm pretty sure they did at one point. I remember when some guy was caught fishing by a GM and wouldn't respond. The guy just vanished.
    I also went to an area once where someone was botting, years ago, I called a GM and they too just went poof into a cloud of smoke.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Ninjtsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This issue is still ongoing, bots and RMTs are holding the area hostage.
    not resolved at all.

there are many bots out there keeping you out of Salvage.
    (4)

Player
    report it here, include as many names as you can in the report.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html

It does work, it can take a month or so though. Don't expect it to be instant.
    (0)

Player
    The fact that it takes more than an hour is insulting to say the least
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvone View Post
    The fact that it takes more than an hour is insulting to say the least
    It should be handled vastly better than it is, but your expectation is unrealistic, they can't just automatically ban people over an accusation, their policies require an investigation. If they just act without doing so, incorrect bans can potentially be issued by people "caught in the middle" as it were.
    (1)

Player
    Yes they can, and should. Nothing easier than verifying a bot. An hour is being extremely generous.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes they can, and should. Nothing easier than verifying a bot. An hour is being extremely generous.
    You don't really seem to understand how this works. What seems cut and dry to you isn't on their end.
    (0)

Player
    Nothing more cut and dried. They choose to make it a process. That process is unnecessary.

Drop a GM in Dho Gates, I'll give them a personal tour, we'll ban 100 bots in 10 minutes. So simple. Anyone who is actually watching their bot and complains about getting Gaol'd can be set free. The ones that don't, insta ban, no 3 days.
    (2)
    Last edited by Yvone; 08-03-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nothing more cut and dried. They choose to make it a process. That process is unnecessary.

Drop a GM in Dho Gates, I'll give them a personal tour, we'll ban 100 bots in 10 minutes. So simple. Anyone who is actually watching their bot and complains about getting Gaol'd can be set free. The ones that don't, insta ban, no 3 days.
    I mean, that process may be unnecssary to you, but clearly it isn't to them.
    your steamroller method is likely to pick up non RMT in the crossfire, and SE clearly isn't willing to take t hat risk. They have their process because they don't want anyone to be banned without 100% confirmation of a violation. And unfortunately, they decide that on an individual basis.

And NGL, I could probably do the exact same thing as you, as quite frankly I might argue that one or two semi-possibly-innocent people is a small price to pay to smack down a bunch of bots in one swoop.

The problem is, those bots will come back, the real players probably won't. It's a game of whack-a-mole you can't win, even with a considerably more efficient process.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast