Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

If we offer suggestions in ways to update older content, could it be updated?

One of the strengths of FFXI is the wealth of content, the sheer amount of things to do.

The problem is most of these things never get any tweaks or additions. I know the developers have strict roadmaps, but is there a chance if we offer good suggestions that these things could be updated?

Mog Gardens, Monstrosity, Adventuring Fellow, Chocobo Racing, PVP etc

I'm not talking about major additions, I'm talking about tweeks or additions that would take fairly minor amounts of work.

For example, increasing the level of adventuring fellow to 119 and allowing them to be out full time and not for an hour or two. simple change, major boost to people who like it.
    Adding some rare and expensive items to mog gardening rewards, heavy metals etc. This would make it worth doing again.
    Add capacity rewards for doing chocobo racing.
    Adding a few more cheers.
    Adding new monsters to monstrosity/

Is there any chance of these kinds of things being updated? If we knew there was a possibility we could possibly come up with some well thought out and cheap updates to make it easier to update.
    (5)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not a dev, but maybe.........My thing is SE lost so much money with that Avengers game, they may want to keep the budget a little tight. However, FFXI was a goldmine not long ago.

One thing FFXI and XIV does well is recycle content.. MMOss are a psychology, as much as a business. The reason people stopped playing MON, is because it was not updated. So, people feel the devs see it as not worth their time to invest in.....So players feel it is not worth their time to invest in. Same for XI. It stopped receiving major updates, so people left.....

If XI did receive addons, people will come back. They are in kind of a bind imo. With the cancellation of Mobile, maybe XI gets revived? Who knows....
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well I'm not going to hold my breath but as alluded in that other thread, I would do anything to get monstrosity to be expanded.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    So, people feel the devs see it as not worth their time to invest in.....So players feel it is not worth their time to invest in.

With the cancellation of Mobile, maybe XI gets revived? Who knows....
    If FFXI could create its own Mog Station Store (optional items actually) and an item can be sent to your delivery box after you purchase then SE could see any benefits from FFXI.

People outside this official forum have been asking for a remake/remaster of FFXI and they won't even stop asking. Even if FFXI uses the same engine that FFXIV has then both would share the same resources and that would be much cheaper for SE to develop after FFXIV copied a lot of FFXI content.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    If FFXI could create its own Mog Station Store (optional items actually) and an item can be sent to your delivery box after you purchase then SE could see any benefits from FFXI.

People outside this official forum have been asking for a remake/remaster of FFXI and they won't even stop asking. Even if FFXI uses the same engine that FFXIV has then both would share the same resources and that would be much cheaper for SE to develop after FFXIV copied a lot of FFXI content.
    The problem with people asking for a remaster or remake, is you only see it with your rose tinted glasses on.

You think you'll get all the things you love, with more things you'll love. While in reality they would probably ruin the entire game in the process.

Blizzard fans stopped asking for remakes and remasters after Warcraft 3.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The problem with people asking for a remaster or remake, is you only see it with your rose tinted glasses on.

You think you'll get all the things you love, with more things you'll love. While in reality they would probably ruin the entire game in the process.

How could that be any problem? FFXI's engine is old that would never run on any newer console. Just wait until we become old and dead then SE can able to shutdown it and the entire FFXI could be forgotten.

For years, random people have asked many times for a remake of FF7 and a remaster of FF8. They said it would never happen. Guess what? It happened! But you never know.

Edit: Pixela seems always has an issue for whatever reason. I am in a proactive family linkshell.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 12-23-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

Maybe you should cease forcing your glasses on others. A lot of remastered games have been successful and appraised. FFVII Remake almost made game of the year and won many awards.

Demon Souls is also pretty successfully. Age of Empires 2 Remastered brought the game out of ashes. Command and Conquer Remaster also is pretty well received.

You really should stop being full of yourself. XI deserves better then being time locked in a Stone Age and anyone with a minimal of litteral common sense would see this.

Mobile Rumours were more popular the the current game state. This is a prime example, the game bear in mind as a fantastic experience to many but it doesn't appeal to any particular audience besides those who are addicted to 11 and accept putting up with all the bad sides.

So for someone who balantly admitted you rely on RMTs in another thread to be able to play XI, you should keep to yourself, instead being a fool and daring lecturing others.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    FFVII Remake almost made game of the year and won many awards.
    This is, I think, a very good example of "ruining it" if they did the same with XI (for some like me at least; I'm sure there are people (and reviewers) who'd like a whole different kind of a game more though).

To me, FFVIIR is a modern action RPG with a bunch of references to FFVII.

If they did move XI to a different engine, it would be very easy to make it feel too different in ways, but with proper care, it could be done well (that is, I'm certainly not against a remake of FFXI, but there are things I'd be worried about).

Plenty of things can still be improved without going that far as well, though I do understand the hesitation there probably looms over any such decisions.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 12-23-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    FF7 is a primary example of a game being remade and not being faithful to the original, it was not made for the people that loved it original it was made for a new audience (action combat over turn based). The reason I don't think a FFXI remake would be a good idea is because they would turn it into WOW, because that's what the kids want from an mmo.

Regardless that's not what the thread is even about.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    If they did move XI to a different engine, it would be very easy to make it feel too different in ways, but with proper care, it could be done well (that is, I'm certainly not against a remake of FFXI, but there are things I'd be worried about).
    Odd enough, FFXI is the last Final Fantasy that needs to be reworked and ported to a modern console (you can play FFXIV on PS5 via backwards compatibility). I don't know why but there people out there really prefer their console instead of PC. If SE can remaster FFX and FFXII with the same gameplay experience then maybe they can do FFXI.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast