Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    If SE can remaster FFX and FFXII with the same gameplay experience then maybe they can do FFXI.
    They could, but it all comes down to the charts people that point at what the charts say and all that. :]

Of course the smaller changes, per the topic at hand here, need to go through the charts people as well. I imagine at least until the big anniversary things have been mostly decided, not to mention there are the new missions and all that to work on as well, so I imagine all this depends on the money they will get after.

Well, tiny adjustments here and there until the anniversary should be doable still.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    This is, I think, a very good example of "ruining it" if they did the same with XI (for some like me at least; I'm sure there are people (and reviewers) who'd like a whole different kind of a game more though).

To me, FFVIIR is a modern action RPG with a bunch of references to FFVII.

If they did move XI to a different engine, it would be very easy to make it feel too different in ways, but with proper care, it could be done well (that is, I'm certainly not against a remake of FFXI, but there are things I'd be worried about).

Plenty of things can still be improved without going that far as well, though I do understand the hesitation there probably looms over any such decisions.
    You're pretty wrong my guy. FF7R has the option to play Turn Base just like in classic. It's not limited to control the character to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    FF7 is a primary example of a game being remade and not being faithful to the original, it was not made for the people that loved it original it was made for a new audience (action combat over turn based). The reason I don't think a FFXI remake would be a good idea is because they would turn it into WOW, because that's what the kids want from an mmo.

Regardless that's not what the thread is even about.
    No it is quite faithful and even enriched. You're belief are not the actuality, personal vendetta has no room here. It's a great game the met a lot of demands and pleases the demand. It ain't done and that is fine, even 15 had episodic content.
    (0)

Player
    You don't understand what faithful means. The Demon Souls remake is faithful to the original, FF7 remake is not at all. Just because you like what they made it does not mean it's faithful to the original and didn't alienate lots of people. You know why I didn't buy the FF7 remake? Because it wasn't a turn based game and I liked it being a turn based game, it also messed with the story.

Not like it matters, they will not remake or remaster FFXI. Because it would be direct competition for FFXIV, why would any company make that same mistake again?
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    lol @those comments

"On a selfish note, as someone who never played FFXI or DQX, I want SE to end them both and make a new MMORPG while still continuing FFXIV. It doesn't have to be another Final Fantasy game, could be another IP or a new one altogether (or it could be another FF too). But I want less technology/more ancient fantasy setting.

I play MMORPG for the story, so if the combat is as easy to get into as FFXIV and the same/similar QoL features are there, another one would be great to have."

jeeze.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Really funny seeing how things end up going down the same path. People prideful and with stars in their eyes for their MMOs future. I hope SE doesn't abandon them like they did XI, maybe they wont be wishing other games die when the new FF18 comes out and its an MMO and SE repeats their mistake.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Odd enough, FFXI is the last Final Fantasy that needs to be reworked and ported to a modern console (you can play FFXIV on PS5 via backwards compatibility). I don't know why but there people out there really prefer their console instead of PC. If SE can remaster FFX and FFXII with the same gameplay experience then maybe they can do FFXI.
    I only have consoles for their exclusives. I have a decent enough PC to play any modern game I actually care about, and most platform exclusives these days are temporary except for first-party IPs. Because so much of what I would want to play on a console comes to PC, I only own a Switch and not a PS# or xbox# because Nintendo has far more 100% exclusives than the others.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I only have consoles for their exclusives. I have a decent enough PC to play any modern game I actually care about, and most platform exclusives these days are temporary except for first-party IPs. Because so much of what I would want to play on a console comes to PC, I only own a Switch and not a PS# or xbox# because Nintendo has far more 100% exclusives than the others.
    Nice! PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii were the last consoles I owned as I moved to the PC. Now I only have a gaming Desktop and Laptop. Funny is I am a huge fan of FF7. When I bought a PS3, SE brought FF7 to the PSN store. I bought it then more Final Fantasy games came also. Then after I built my first gaming PC, SE brought FF7 to steam. I bought it again and more Final Fantasy games also. It's like SE knew where I am going! Now my PC has too many games I haven't finished so I don't have time for any new console.

FFXI and FFXIV could be why I didn't finish my half library of games. You are right, there is no reason to own a PS# and Xbox# as they are basically a PC. lol

My family has a Switch, someday I play Mario party and other games with my nieces.
    (0)

Player
    It's so annoying to me that the developer refuse to even offer simple small updates to older content, even updating the things that can drop from gardening or something or increasing adventuring fellow level.

I guess it's a JP developer thing.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A developer's career is not McDonald's. They don't need customers to come every day to complain that they have served them a nothing burger. Enjoy the age of the engine it hasn't changed a bit since it came out and you have a very very very strong nostalgia.

Meanwhile FFXIV is getting a big update every few months, I am happy the FFXI team is working on the new story.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast