Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

More AH Selling slots?

Since there are less players wouldn't it be better if we had like 30-100 selling slots instead of just 7 per Character xD.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It has been asked many, many times and shot down by SE just as many. The problem is there's less players on some servers while Asura hasn't really changed and adding more slots might not be a problem on other servers but on Asura it would probably cause the AH to break. And you can't add more slots just on those servers because that would be unfair to players on asura.

Further, while there's less active players, there's still a ton of alts and mules who all use the AH even though they aren't logged on much. So every slot addeded still has a huge impact on the AH.
    (0)

Player
    More auction house slots = higher prices.

The reason prices are continually pushed down is because people value thier slots more than the few extra gil.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    More auction house slots = higher prices.

The reason prices are continually pushed down is because people value thier slots more than the few extra gil.
    No, the reason prices are continually pushed down is because the supply outweighs the demand for the item being sold..

Besides, if you're the buyer you don't want high prices. Low prices increase sales until the demand outstrips the supply and you reach equilibrium.

This is basic economics and more sales slots, if anything, means more supply, so your thought that more sales slots will raise prices is off base.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-18-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Player
    The reason I put an item on the auction house under the normal price is because I only have 7 slots and I can't afford to have them sitting there for days. The only time I don't do this is if there is 0 on the auction house, or very few if they are fast selling.

Supply and demand means, the item sells if you have enough amount of demand. A lack of selling space means mine has to sell fast and fast is more important than a guaranteed sale, and the more items I have to sell the faster it needs to sell and so the lower I'll put it up for.

I sell high price items that I farm and I know I can sell every item I farm, the problem is I farm 1-2 a day and so that means I have to sell 1-2 a day. If I try to sell at the going price I quickly move into a situation where I'm never going to be able to sell faster than I'm farming and I end up with an inventory full of them.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The reason I put an item on the auction house under the normal price is because I only have 7 slots and I can't afford to have them sitting there for days.
    In other words: The items aren't selling fast enough. That means the prices are too high or the demand is too low. It's simple economics man, look it up. If you have to sell faster-moving items, it means the slower moving items are too expensive or there aren't enough people that need them. More sales slots won't do anything to fix that. Being unwilling to lower a high priced item and choosing to sell something else entirely instead is just proof that the price is too high for the current market demand.

Even if you have more sales slots, you're just going to run into the same issue after you fill those up.
    (0)

Player
    It's more complex than simple supply and demand, you don't seem to get that.

They won't change the auction house slots for a number of reasons, and if they did it would cause unintended widespread mass changes to all manner of things.

The developers made a simple nerf a few months ago to sparks, and this single action caused massive changes to the entire economy. Personally speaking I don't want them messing around with this stuff anymore, I like some stability in the economy.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's more complex than simple supply and demand, you don't seem to get that.
    I get it completely. But it's the primary factor. You having more slots to sell stuff doesn't increase the number of people out there to buy your items and isn't going to make them sell faster.. You are misreading cause and effect here.
    (0)