Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Would have participated via the forums, but will not do so via them Twitters.

(I say this while I even have an account for something unrelated from about 7 years ago (that I don't actively use).)

Methinks using both should be an option, not just one or the other. :]
    Like I said though, I'm not even suggesting you become a regular twitter user. Just make an account that you exclusively use for this purpose and use an email you don't care about or make a smurf email for online accounts that don't matter to you in general.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Like I said though, I'm not even suggesting you become a regular twitter user. Just make an account that you exclusively use for this purpose and use an email you don't care about or make a smurf email for online accounts that don't matter to you in general.
    I could do that, but I choose not to as a kind of a protest (if a very silent one; I don't really expect anyone to notice, but at least I tried). That's just how much I do not want to support Twitter and the likes.

If they'll never again do these things via the forums, well, that will be unfortunate, but I'll probably live. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I could do that, but I choose not to as a kind of a protest (if a very silent one; I don't really expect anyone to notice, but at least I tried). That's just how much I do not want to support Twitter and the likes.

If they'll never again do these things via the forums, well, that will be unfortunate, but I'll probably live. :]
    I mean, really, what's the big deal? They use social media for these kinds of things because social media is popular and widely used (and has more potential to grow their user base than a forum which can only be used by current users). I mean, I get that you don't like social media, and I don't really like it much either. But it doesn't hurt you to exclusively use it to participate in these contests, which is exactly what I do. It's pointless to protest because it's essentially ingrained into society at this point.

Think of it this way. When they run a contest on twitter, some people who don't currently play the game may see it, and go "Wow, that game is still running? They're doing contests? Maybe I should check it out again."
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, really, what's the big deal? They use social media for these kinds of things because social media is popular and widely used (and has more potential to grow their user base than a forum which can only be used by current users). I mean, I get that you don't like social media, and I don't really like it much either. But it doesn't hurt you to exclusively use it to participate in these contests, which is exactly what I do. It's pointless to protest because it's essentially ingrained into society at this point.

Think of it this way. When they run a contest on twitter, some people who don't currently play the game may see it, and go "Wow, that game is still running? They're doing contests? Maybe I should check it out again."
    The short of it is probably that I'm just that "old and grumpy" (perhaps a little bit stubborn too), and much dislike most things that one might call "Web 2.0".

I'm definitely not saying they should not do these things via social media at all, but I'd very much like it if they'd also use these here forums at the same time (at least while we still have these forums at all...).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The short of it is probably that I'm just that "old and grumpy" (perhaps a little bit stubborn too), and much dislike most things that one might call "Web 2.0".=
    Nah, you're not. It used to be OK when it was initially created for contacting old friends and such and sharing photos. Then it lost the plot: newsfeeds started appearing, current events, politics, the 'oh look at my wonderful life photos' (when I knew their life was far from it), adverts, pictures of peoples dinners, pouting, and cats.
    Realised that after an amount of time it was slowly killing my brain cells, so I removed myself from all of it.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You had me up until cats. Everyone loves cat pics.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2