Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

An idea for a new server.

Would be great to have a brand new FFXI server opened that you were not allowed to server swap to/from and had to make a new character on to play on. Everyone would start at level 1, crafting would matter, leveling would matter, server firsts, leveling in groups due to camp scarcity etc. Nobody would have a rema, nobody would have a level 99 alt.

I think this would actually be pretty popular, and it would take no game programming to implement. It's the same game, just that everyone starts fresh.

I think this would be more of a side server people made extra characters on but it would be kind of exciting to see everyone at level 1 and an empty auction house.
    (2)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    So.. basically what FFXI was before 20 years had gone by, is what you're saying. But then, you have the same game we have now? Unless you're talking pre XI when XP per mob was 15% of the current XP gain rate of monsters, and old XI. So would this new server include no trusts, no records of eminence? You kind of have to be a little more specific.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Would be great to have a brand new FFXI server opened that you were not allowed to server swap to/from and had to make a new character on to play on. Everyone would start at level 1, crafting would matter, leveling would matter, server firsts, leveling in groups due to camp scarcity etc. Nobody would have a rema, nobody would have a level 99 alt.

I think this would actually be pretty popular, and it would take no game programming to implement. It's the same game, just that everyone starts fresh.

I think this would be more of a side server people made extra characters on but it would be kind of exciting to see everyone at level 1 and an empty auction house.
    only if the server is stuck at 75 capp, with no teleports
    (1)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    only if the server is stuck at 75 capp, with no teleports
    The only issue I see is that old XI worked when we were children. Between 10-17/18 when all we had to worry about was one thing, school. If you're an adult; college, work full time, kids (especially newborns I've seen so many this year) and so fourth (or multiple jobs) during a pandemic, I'm not so sure that old XI would work in this age compared to current XI or even XIV. Grinding jobs in XI back in the day took almost half a year to a year depending on jobs (due to the needs of waiting for XP parties, and gathering to specific areas to get there (avoid aggro) and a bunch of other things. BST, PUP, DRG, BLM, among many of the jobs had issues with getting to 75 (BLM being the worst after 50 due to aht urghan areas). Would old XI still work as we get older?

I'm 30, there's no way I'd be willing to even consider playing old XI due to how busy life has been for me. Only reason I came back to XI recently was because new XI actually works well around my schedule and time. Now, I'm not saying everyone is the same, so I'm sure there are quite a lot of younger players who have the time available, or people who don't have a whole lot they have to worry or prioritize about, but for me (personally), I don't think I could go back to old XI at all.

Also, if we want to go back further, old XI was a 50 cap when it released in NA. So it'd be a couple years before we see 75 cap in old XI.
    (0)
    Last edited by Elkanah; 12-16-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think it would be fun, yeah, at least for a time.

I don't think it would take too long for it to become just like every other server, more or/and less, although I'm not sure it would be that tempting of a place for the bots and such.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If possible, a new server should be only for Switch, PS5, and Xbox users. That would be without any bots and such.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maplestory has the "Reboot" world which is completely isolated from the other servers. But it also entirely disables the market system along with most non-vanity cash shop items, requiring you to spend the ingame currency on such things instead (which it is more generous with. So it's technically both isolated and reduced pay-to-win.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    If possible, a new server should be only for Switch, PS5, and Xbox users. That would be without any bots and such.
    If you think there's no way to bot or cheat with consoles you're sorely mistaken.
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you think there's no way to bot or cheat with consoles you're sorely mistaken.
    Could have your console locked up from online.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/su...spensions-psn/

What happens if my account or console is suspended?
    If your account is suspended, you will not be able to access PlayStation Network. That means you will not be able to use some products and services, even ones you paid for.

If your console is suspended you will not be able to connect to PlayStation Network with any account.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/help/...ve-device-bans

We’re serious about keeping Xbox Live a fun, safe, and enjoyable environment for everyone. Sometimes we must step in when we detect severe violations of our rules and policies. We do this to help ensure everyone’s safety and to improve the experience for the community.

With that said, we permanently ban Xbox consoles or other devices that violate our rules in a particularly egregious way, or that repeatedly violated them even after receiving previous suspensions.
    Nintendo does that too... Surely, SE has their own servers however FFXI still required Xbox Live (or PSN) to be connected.
    (0)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Could have your console locked up from online.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/su...spensions-psn/

https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/help/...ve-device-bans

Nintendo does that too... Surely, SE has their own servers however FFXI still required Xbox Live (or PSN) to be connected.
    I knew players on PS2 and Xbox 360 that were able to bypass that security. It's not all that hard if you know your way around coding. If you thought that stopped people from botting and claiming high tier NM's in linkshells back in the day, you're sadly mistaken.

As someone who also worked with Microsoft and Xbox in the past several years, I can also tell you first hand that the team on Xbox itself (the GM's in the background for bans) have a hard time pinning down cheaters on the console). Sometimes, the same user pops up for weeks on end, months at a time, and still no ban (with video evidence as proof). So don't expect those to actually stop people, I'm afraid.
    (1)
    Last edited by Elkanah; 12-16-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast