Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Armoredwolf
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miragem View Post
    please use F8 to avoid any risk of trading to that individual.
    Not on the Asura cesspool, but keep in mind if he's starting trades with people, the trade option on the main menu will accept a player trade over starting a NPC trade.

Odoro offers to trade with you.
    You target Oboro correctly, open main menu, and hit trade.
    Trade opens with Odoro, not Oboro, because you have a pending trade offer.

I can see how people can easily make that mistake, especially if trading tired. It seems like it should be a slam dunk for a ban, though.
    (3)

Player
    The problem on Asura is that there are around 30-40 characters there with bazaars selling items, so often you're waiting for Oboro to pop. Thats what is unique about Asura, it pops and people quickly tab and trade. They don't have time to evaluate as they run up.

The other problem is, people just don't expect someone to be doing this. It's kind of like going to the store and buying an apple and eating it, then you get sick because there was filth on the apple. The shop can say "well you should of washed it" and they would be correct but people don't expect it to be dirty, with forwarning sure they will but it's not something you think you have to do.

This can happen on any server (it's just less likely on other servers because there aren't 30 alts there and so oboro insta loads). EVery server I've seen has people selling single items in bazaars for stack prices.
    (0)

Character
    Miragem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 1
    It is appalling the lack of response from STF, Moderators and GMs.They should have banned that person by now. I hope I am wrong and something will get addressed from this thread including an investigation to source out those using the craft exploit.. please take the time to clean up the game a little.. too many CP bots and RMT taking over. SE is long overdue to apply tougher measures against those causing disruptions in the game.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Trade opens with Odoro, not Oboro, because you have a pending trade offer.
    Again I have to emphasize. The trade window looks different if you're trading with a player. If you're on that server you need to make sure people know that. Yes, he can make it hard to trade with the NPC but people shouldn't even put any items into a trade window that clearly isn't an NPC trade window.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-18-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The problem on Asura is that there are around 30-40 characters there with bazaars selling items, so often you're waiting for Oboro to pop. Thats what is unique about Asura, it pops and people quickly tab and trade. They don't have time to evaluate as they run up.

The other problem is, people just don't expect someone to be doing this. It's kind of like going to the store and buying an apple and eating it, then you get sick because there was filth on the apple. The shop can say "well you should of washed it" and they would be correct but people don't expect it to be dirty, with forwarning sure they will but it's not something you think you have to do.

This can happen on any server (it's just less likely on other servers because there aren't 30 alts there and so oboro insta loads). EVery server I've seen has people selling single items in bazaars for stack prices.
    And frankly, I think if anyone is refusing to accept that Asura is actually overpopulated, the fact that essential NPCs don't always load in when you go to visit them should be a clue.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Well I tried to fill it with junk, but it might be scripted as far as to dispose of unwanted items so they do not run out of inventory space.

Kept a trade open with it for a while to keep it "busy", but there's places to do, things to be, and all that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 12-19-2020 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Update wording.
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And frankly, I think if anyone is refusing to accept that Asura is actually overpopulated, the fact that essential NPCs don't always load in when you go to visit them should be a clue.
    Just how we like it.
    (0)

Odoro needs to be banned, this player is impersonating an NPC that takes currency and items, equipment of high value!
    Even the name shows the intent to impersonate, using the closest likeness/typo to fool unaware players in to handing over their valuables. While making the Character look the same, and placing it actually on top of the NPC.
    (6)

Character
    Miragem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 1
    Bump. FFXI is in crisis
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

Here's the main problem, and it is totally the players' faults: They are too impatient nowadays for "I need to have everything I want NOW and I shouldn't have to wait 2~3 seconds anymore!!" attitudes... Their own fault that they do not read the screen and verify before hitting [enter] after spending a lot longer acquiring the items.
    These are the same people that will call a GM if they overpay on a bazaar or in the AH on an item (i.e. hit 10,000,000 instead of 100,000 thinking it was stack and not single, etc...) when that again is totally their own faults'. If they slowed down, read the screen, and learn how to hit [NO]/[Cancel] then there would be zero problems and the Odoro guy would be a waste of that person's money.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast