Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

How is Mastery Rank calculated.

Can we get official word exactly what counts towards mastery rank?

Which things are and are not included in rank?

Mastery Rank is a numerical value representative your completion of missions, quest, and various other types on in-game content. The higher the rank, the more you have completed. This rank has no effect on gameplay.
    This is pretty vague. Missions is fine however quests, what kinds of quests and are we expected to do all the random quests? what other content and how is it calculated, is it linked to RoE objectives?

MMO players like to increase numbers, if you tell us what we can work on we are more likely to do it instead of just giving up due to it being too vague.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 12-11-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I hope it stays a secret as long as possible, its only true intended purpose is to suggest a certain level of game experience to new adventurers in the assist channel, rather than being some sort of achievement thing to brag about. If everyone starts acting like it's some number they need to increase, it will lose what little meaning it already has.
    (0)

Player
    The most helpful people I've seen all have lower numbers anyway, the highest number players either never talk on it or just say hi to show off their number.

I think if anything it will allow the more helpful people to get a higher number, since they are usually far less driven to do everything in the game (which is why they have time to help people in the first place)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can be helpful to players without having done every content in the game. Most likely every distinct content area in the game contributes something to it.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm only Rank 4 on the Mentor thing, but my fun exciting adventures in beautiful Vana'diel are infinite mega super high rank!

(2)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    edit: updated later post
    (1)
    Last edited by Avereith; 01-23-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    All jobs mastered eh? I've barely had the patience to master one. props!
    (1)

Player
    Since they won't tell us, it could be anything. Could be time played, chat frequency, number of parties joined, number of alliances, GM calls made..

They log all this stuff as shown in the moogle stats thing. They even know how many times you died, or talked to an npc.
    (0)

Player
    in case u're wondering, Records of eminence has unlocked quest with requirements as high as 900 RoEs done. It might affect, can't confirm though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Since they won't tell us, it could be anything. Could be time played, chat frequency, number of parties joined, number of alliances, GM calls made..

They log all this stuff as shown in the moogle stats thing. They even know how many times you died, or talked to an npc.
    Let me just say if it was based on GM calls made, I'd have a higher mastery rank than most.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast