Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They gave it when the person typed the question out in Japanese.
    "they" isn't the NA community rep in question.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    "they" isn't the NA community rep in question.
    I respect their privacy even some of them don't show their names in their signatures. I know one person who posted on this official forum is from Los Angeles or California in general. You can look up Square Enix on Linkedin.

I know the one that people miss the most:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Babban is back!

(Zehira beat me to it! )
    (0)

Greetings and salutations adventurers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Can we get official word exactly what counts towards mastery rank?
    While we first want to thank Vonima2 for quickly sharing the response received on the Japanese side of the forums, here's the official translation for that specific post regarding what counts towards your Mastery Rank!

Greetings,
    The following is the extent of the information we can share regarding Mastery Rank.
    • Accumulated playtime
    • Mission progress
    • Number of completed quests
    • Combat and magic skills
    • Synthesis and fishing skills
    • Number of Trusts obtained
    • Battle content (Such as Dynamis, Nyzul Isle, Moblin Maze Mongers, Otherworldly Skirmishes, Omen, etc.)
    • Non-battle content (Such as Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, unlocking Warps, etc.)

Titles almost always correlate with content completion; titles obtained upon completing content are tied to Mastery Rank.

One example is the Expeditionary Trooper title that is obtained upon completing Expeditionary Force.

There are many elements that are tied to Mastery Rank, so please try out various things in Vana’diel.
    We've seen a lot of discussion from players who have been sharing their personal findings throughout the community on Mastery Rank. (Personally, I find that really awesome to see!) So I do also encourage you all to try out new things and post away!
    (7)
    Danielle "Okieeomi" Grafft - Community Team

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As much as not finding answers is still progress, there really isn't any positive progressing.

Doing things does increase the rank, this is a given. In what way though. Any actual information, other than the obvious? Are they specific goals to be achieved or an empty meter that you can fill with anything toward that end. Is rank 2 achieved a specified way, or could you potentially just go around doing any random things and obtain it. Are there things that don't count? Absolutely no information of any value. Throw your players a bone. You want us to work toward mastering the maximum rank right, so, how about the tiniest clue of some relevance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leny; 01-30-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    As much as not finding answers is still progress, there really isn't any positive progressing.

Doing things does increase the rank, this is a given. In what way though. Any actual information, other than the obvious? Are they specific goals to be achieved or an empty meter that you can fill with anything toward that end. Is rank 2 achieved a specified way, or could you potentially just go around doing any random things and obtain it. Are there things that don't count? Absolutely no information of any value. Throw your players a bone. You want us to work toward mastering the maximum rank right, so, how about the tiniest clue of some relevance.
    Not sure in what way there were no answers here. First, while we had already figured most if not all content contributes, there are some notable things that are specifically excluded from their list:

- Job levels
    - Monipulator levels
    - Job Mastery status
    - # of merit / job points
    - item collection (so no need to do every REMA weapon etc)
    - Gil/currency

While combat and magic skills tie somewhat into job levels, you don't have to play every job to (mostly) cap every skill. Since they specifically note that titles obtained from completing content are used, This probably (but not certainly) excludes seasonal events, not all of whose titles and quests are still obtainable, and almost certainly excludes Ballista, whose titles are temporary (besides, I highly doubt they'd make anyone do PvP to achieve a higher mastery rank)

Xbox achievements are also probably excluded since not everyone can get those (obvious but covering bases)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-30-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    It seems to me from the Dev post that titles weigh heavily into mastery rank, so I would surmise that job mastery DOES play a factor since each job mastered grants you a title.

But that's just my 2 gil.
    (1)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    It seems to me from the Dev post that titles weigh heavily into mastery rank, so I would surmise that job mastery DOES play a factor since each job mastered grants you a title.

But that's just my 2 gil.
    Probably. But unless titles are weighed with different values (I suspect not honestly, because that would require them to run through almost every title in the game to decide each one's value, but that's just suspicion on my part) if, you just want to get as much mastery rank as fast as you can, the time it takes to get the job mastery titles vs. any of thousands of other titles you could go for would mean it's not really worth it until they're the alst ones left (with a few other possible exceptions).

I say almost up there because I really would highly doubt they'd include titles from past limited time events because that wouldn't be fair to people who didn't start playing on day 1 in Japan.
    (0)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Probably. But unless titles are weighed with different values (I suspect not honestly, because that would require them to run through almost every title in the game to decide each one's value, but that's just suspicion on my part) if, you just want to get as much mastery rank as fast as you can, the time it takes to get the job mastery titles vs. any of thousands of other titles you could go for would mean it's not really worth it until they're the alst ones left (with a few other possible exceptions).

I say almost up there because I really would highly doubt they'd include titles from past limited time events because that wouldn't be fair to people who didn't start playing on day 1 in Japan.
    Titles already have a value, they cost a certain amount of gil to change back to the title at the adventuring bards. This would be a somewhat easy way to implement a system that involved weighted titles and a total amount of points required to achieve a rank.
    (0)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post

So far in our "bang your head against the wall" method of research, we've seen what may be a pattern in rank ups simply from titles obtained. We don't enough people counting titles though and paying attention to their rank ups, so it's rather difficult to observe. We had someone rank up from 1 to 2 at what seemed to be 176 titles, which seems like an odd number, but if your initial title "new adventurer" is a given and the goal is simple "obtain more titles", then that would be 175 titles gained since starting.

I also recent ranked up from 6 to 7, and it seemed to be around 751 titles, which fits with the "obtain a certain amount of titles + the one you start with" pattern.

What we really need though is more people to help out, and no one wants to seem to manually count and have a spreadsheet of their titles, lol, which I'm sure you can understand :x
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Avereith View Post
    Titles already have a value, they cost a certain amount of gil to change back to the title at the adventuring bards. This would be a somewhat easy way to implement a system that involved weighted titles and a total amount of points required to achieve a rank.
    Maybe, but the gil price at the bard does not really correlate very much with the actual difficulty of attaining a given title in a ton of cases.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast