Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75

Magic User Jug Pets

Sorry if I posted a topic about this before......for some reason it seems like I did........tend to repeat myself like a broken record at times.

Basically, I feel pets should be able to cast magic. I noticed how some pets are listed as "PLD" in wiki and bg. Imo (Just the opinion of one man), these pets should be able to cast PLD spells.

I feel more mage type pets should be introduced as-well. Perhaps give BST some utility. The jug cannot tank or cure like a PLD or WHM respectively, but it adds some utility to BST. The goal is not to replace these jobs into some broken pet, but I find it strange how mage monsters can cast magic, but BST pets cannot. BST jugs are basically named mobs like NMs.

WS > Ready Move = SC > Magic Burst

Put that pet Magic Attack stat to use as-well.

Even if it is something like the Sky Kings being introduced as jugs, but only for master BST.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would love a good hecteyes pet. But I think SE is hesitant to add them because at 80% TP they use Ancient Magic and their Hecteyes abilities at >100%.

I miss BST a lot. It just doesn't fit well in party configurations. It was my main job for my first 9 years in this game. BSTs should really be allowed to apply their pet buffs to the party. Otherwise, the BRD/GEO/COR support trope will just continue forever. When you have 22 jobs, it's just not fun anymore when it's gotta be like this.

I agree with everything you've said. I appreciate all of what SE has done so for BSTs, but not the time in which they're taking to do it. It's been 9 months since new pets were introduced and they said more changes could come at a "later date". I'm happy for the slime pet but I just wish people WANTED A BST in their party.

22 jobs and there's only 1-2 party paradigms that work well or are consistently asked for. :/
    (0)