Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Unlimited T3 VNM pops?

was watching a player called Wsnyo spamming T3 pops in abyssea today, i'm guessing RMT and cheating since he wasnt claiming any T1 or T2s to upgrade the KI, just back to back popping Maere. I myself am trying to farm for my Daurdabla but these RMT are making it very hard especially since T3 only pop once every 30 mins, this REALLY needs to be reworked.
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

2. 12-01-2020 11:03 PM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    was watching a player called Wsnyo spamming T3 pops in abyssea today, i'm guessing RMT and cheating since he wasnt claiming any T1 or T2s to upgrade the KI, just back to back popping Maere. I myself am trying to farm for my Daurdabla but these RMT are making it very hard especially since T3 only pop once every 30 mins, this REALLY needs to be reworked.
    So report them, they are popping without using up the key item. If they keep doing it's very easy to spot, honestly this is such a dumb thing to do because it's so easy to get banned doing it.

Just make sure they are actually doing this and you're just not seeing them get the key item again, or you'll look dumb and waste a GM time.
    (0)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    late response... but that's not an addon or anything it's just the in-game mechanics having an oddly missed glitch

literally if you just spam the /heal button fast enough where you kneel again before the mob spawns you will not lose your abyssite when the mob pops

this has been around forevvvvver
    (1)

Player
    Knowingly taking advantage of a bug is as bad as using an addon, you will still get banned. Report people that do this.
    (3)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's the most mean spirited/useless thing I've ever heard and accomplishes nothing except you fulfilling your "can I see you manager" power fantasy

Report the BUG and get the BUG removed, and then no players can do it anymore

The problem is the in-game mechanics which should be changed, so if you want it fixed make an official bug report topic and get it changed. Reporting individual players will not help and it will continue to be taken advantage of.
    (2)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Avereith View Post
    That's the most mean spirited/useless thing I've ever heard and accomplishes nothing except you fulfilling your "can I see you manager" power fantasy

The problem is the in-game mechanics which should be changed, so if you want it fixed make an official bug report topic and get it changed. Reporting individual players will not help and it will continue to be taken advantage of.
    It also accomplishes nothing. Whoever gets banned for doing it can make a new account and start doing it again in a couple hours, completely automated.

Report the problem, not the person.
    (0)

Player

why not both? Don't abuse the bug.

Years ago people found a bug where someone could buy an item from an npc and sell it for more to another npc. They made millions doing this. They got banned.
    (1)

Player
    This has been a known issue for so long with no attempt to fix from SE, its hard to tell if this is "working as intended" or if it is actually a bug. While I agree with Leny and Avereith due to the previously stated, Pixela is correct. It can be considered "cheating or botting" under section 2.1 in tos "you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay."
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Well, knowing a bug exists and reporting it doesn't mean it's okay to use that bug to your advantage.

Apparent apathy or whatever the reason is for the bug not having been addressed yet is not an excuse to exploit a bug either.

As to it possibly intended behavior, I find the argument that pressing heal at a very specific moment causes a key item to not be lost when it would be if the typical player conducted themselves as they normally would, it's pretty safe to say that's not working as intended.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-20-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's just the thing though, it's not using heal at a specific moment. it's simply spamming the * button fast enough and sometimes it will happen that you rest again right before the mob pops (due to server lag), and the T3 abyssite is conserved for later use. Meaning people will perform this entirely by accident and possibly get banned through no fault of their own.

This is not like the dupe glitches where people were using external tools to feed packets into the game and having malicious intent from the start.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast