Character
    Kuroihakutaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Unable to play/disconnected when entering Cait Sith battlefield

Hi,

This happened to me twice, yesterday and today, and I am not able to play for hours. I had to wait the next day to be able to play...

Basically, sometimes whenever me and my friends enter the HTMB battlefield "Champion of the Dawn" my character gets stuck during the zoning in process. It only happened in that battlefield so far (and ever since I started playing this game).

Whilst I am zoning in, my screen gets stuck on the black screen step (with Downloading data text on the bottom right of the screen). After a while, I get this error:
    "Error code FFXI-3001" No response from the Final Fantasy XI server, connection timed out.

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Greetings!

You'll probably want to fill in the form as described in the topic: Welcome to Forum: In-Game Bugs!

Without this, bug reports are usually not accepted nor forwarded at all.

As for the issue, if other people are able to enter the battle just fine on your server, there might be something going on between you and the server. That is, it might not be something you can do anything about, if the issue is at a router server somewhere out there.

One thing I'd try, if you haven't yet, run the file check either via the PlayOnline Viewer start screen, or trigger it via the option hiding in the FFXI Config Utility.

Good luck!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Could be an issue with a data file that represents a graphic in that zone/area which has become corrupted. Try running a File Check in the FFXI Config.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.