Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

How to post a screenshot of FFXI here (Guide).

Occasionally SE host competitions on these forums which involve taking a screenshot in game and posting it to the forum. This guide is a brief description on how to achieve that using Chrome (the concept is very similar in other browsers).

1. There are a few ways to take a screenshot in game. I used the Windows 10 inbuilt Game Bar which lets you record video or take screenshots. This is accessed via pressing the Windows Key + G. Alternatively you can press PrtScn in-game which will save a picture to your Final Fantasy XI install location. By default, this would be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ffxiuser\screenshots

It is recommended to turn other players names off by using the /names command.

2. Once you have taken your screenshot. Go to https://imgur.com/ and select New Post.

3. Open the folder that contains your image, and then drag and drop it to the requested location:

4. Select Copy Link

5. Now paste the URL (within the clipboard) to your browsers address bar:

6. The page will present your uploaded image, click the Right Mouse button on your image and now select "Copy image address"..

7. Go to the Playonline.com forums, create your post and select the Image icon.

8. Paste the image address into the input box that appears and then click OK.

A line will appear as demonstrated within your post.

This will now make your image appear at the place you have designated that line of code.

Your image should now be displayed within your post when it is finalised and submitted. You can preview the post beforehand to make sure that everything is positioned correctly.
    (3)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    See, in my experience the image button in the editor never works and the only way I can get it to work is by manually wrapping the URL with IMG tags. But it could just be Firefox being Firefox.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Awesome guide! I'd like to share mine. No need to use /names as it's me and my alt character. ^^

(0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Lost Friend

(0)