Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Server merge/ Vanadiel Census 2020

There needs to be a consolidation of servers. Most servers aside from Asura have around 300 players, why hasn't a server merge happened yet? The discount campaign doesn't cut it, we shouldn't be forced to pay to get off of dead servers. The only reason i can think of why this hasn't happened is cause you guys want the money, I feel like this is unacceptable greed, I don't mean make server transfers free but now that i mention it why not, but you guys should at least merge the dead servers together and get rid of some of them is there really a need a this point for all of them? Seem like the right thing to do even if it mean you wont make as much money but really it shouldn't matter because its something thats been needed for almost 10 years now quit milking the turnip.
    (1)

Player
    Plenty of us are perfectly happy on our "dead" servers and have no desire to be on a server like asura.
    (3)

Disagree. Please don't merge Leviathan with other servers. We don't want the overcrowding and mercs. Asurans got themselves into this mess, they can deal with it.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Player
    I disagree and stand by my 1st post.
    (0)

Player
    If anything the reason people go to Asura in the 1st place is because the other servers are so dead, but this isnt about Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hi,

I am not kind of a person that is supporting this decision. I am just here to tell you Japanese players have had discussed about merging servers before. It seems the majority of them disagreed and that was in 2015. One biggest reason is the risk of renaming their characters. There may be various opinions. One Japanese player in Fenrir requested it to happen because there were about 474 online players on Nov 07, 2019 at 8:45 am and there were impossible to find people to play with. Please take your time.

サーバー統合の是非を話し合うスレ

My simple opinion about dealing with Asura and dead servers is not an easy task for the dev team. They have to fix Asura that dead servers don't need. They have to fix dead servers that Asurans don't need. They have made FFXI more solo friendly to propel Asura manipulating dead servers greatly. The majority of Asura don't care unless they start hearing about this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 11-27-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Player
    There is zero need. Perhaps you need to realize some people actually prefer servers with fewer people competing for resources so we can actually do things we want, when we want and not have to worry that there aren't enough instances or somebody else wants to do the same thing at the same time. What you call dead, I call having the maximum number of activities available whenever I want. Wanna solo ambu? No problem. Solo omen? Yup, no problem here either. Einherjar? Whenever I want. Cp? Plenty of places with little competition. With more people around these things go away.

So no, there is no need and probably even less desire from a majority of players on "dead" servers for a merge.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    If anything the reason people go to Asura in the 1st place is because the other servers are so dead, but this isnt about Asura.
    To be honest, I think we have got to a stage now where most people are happy with where they are. So much time has past with the current format that general population made up their mind a long time ago
    whether or not to stay on the server they like because it is quiet (because that is what they prefer) or to a more populated server (Asura) because they prefer to be among greater numbers.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    People who run enough accounts at the same time love the dead servers I'm sure, but people who don't shout for hours just to find people to fill a party. There is a lack of crafters and you should be able to play on any server on a single account with out needing to have alts on seperate accounts to get by.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    There needs to be a consolidation of servers. Most servers aside from Asura have around 300 players, why hasn't a server merge happened yet? The discount campaign doesn't cut it, we shouldn't be forced to pay to get off of dead servers. The only reason i can think of why this hasn't happened is cause you guys want the money, I feel like this is unacceptable greed, I don't mean make server transfers free but now that i mention it why not, but you guys should at least merge the dead servers together and get rid of some of them is there really a need a this point for all of them? Seem like the right thing to do even if it mean you wont make as much money but really it shouldn't matter because its something thats been needed for almost 10 years now quit milking the turnip.
    It's honestly too late for a merge. Too many people have moved to asura and every new player is being told by someone to go to Asura. Some people would have to be transferred off Asura to balance the population even with a merge.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast