Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    People who run enough accounts at the same time love the dead servers I'm sure, but people who don't shout for hours just to find people to fill a party. There is a lack of crafters and you should be able to play on any server on a single account with out needing to have alts on seperate accounts to get by.
    While some people do multibox, there isn't that much where it's truly necessary. And the "dead" servers have a tighter community that helps each other out more which largely makes up for a smaller player pool

There's also minimal RMT or spam /yells.

Doesn't mean we wouldn't mind more players, of course. But there's two main reasons why most ppl who haven't already moved aren't keen on moving:
    -They still have friends on their server that they've had for a long time
    -They feel that they shouldn't have to pay for a server transfer to address something that SE should have addressed with a merge years ago when it would have made more sense. As noted in my previous post, I think it's too late for a merge to really change anything. The community has dogpiled Asura to the point of overpopulation and it would take removing some players from asura to have balanced server populations even with a merge.
    (0)

Player
    I really think the population is on a decline and I don't feel like Asura is overpopulated currently. We have about 3100 people online right now on a peak time of the weekend, but I'm not waiting for Einherjar, Ambuscade, Omen, or any other content more then a minute or two max. Other than CP campaigns, there are always apex camps available. I started a mule on Ragnarok because I felt like maybe I wanted a small server feel again. I gave it a fair shot, leveled to 99, did all the missions, joined a couple linkshells, but overall I missed the convivences of things selling more frequently, larger pool of people for PUG's, people to meet, and having more options. I don't think SE should merge any severs, myself, if anything maybe once a year offer a single free server transfer to people, who have not transferred within the last year, during a campaign (anniversary?) to people looking to escape a "dead" server or a "overpopulated" server.

I suggest, if you think you might want to move, pay the dollar or two for a mule and try it out a month or more, if you enjoy the feel of the new server, then move! As a added bonus, if you finish RoV, you can get more DM augments during the campaigns! During the campaign next month, I think its only like $10(?) to transfer.

In any case, if you think your server needs changes your opinion would probably be valuable. I'm struggling to understand how so many people are posting judgement on a server they don't even play on.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    I really think the population is on a decline and I don't feel like Asura is overpopulated currently. We have about 3100 people online right now on a peak time of the weekend
    I think a fair amount of people moved from Asura to Bahamut as of late.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We have about 3100 people online right now on a peak
    Most servers didn't have that many concurrent users at FFXI's peak. Asura is overpopulated. Ambuscade had severe wait times before they created the duplicate layer area to reduce this, and so it's better now, but only Asura had that problem to begin with. Some other content had wait times to get in too and from what i've heard it's hard to find decent CP camps. Heck even on Shiva which has maybe 800 on the busiest of days and half that more often, the popular camps have people fighting over pulls.

Too many people on a server also means more lag.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-29-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I really think the population is on a decline and I don't feel like Asura is overpopulated currently.

In any case, if you think your server needs changes your opinion would probably be valuable. I'm struggling to understand how so many people are posting judgement on a server they don't even play on.
    I agree with this.
    I am born raised on Asura, and can remember having nearly over 4k people at peak times, and hearing about other servers also near that same amount when FFXI was in its heydays.
    If YOUR server has gone down in population, can it be something wrong happened with YOUR server, and not just blame Asura?

I have zero tolerance for RMTs. Reported quite a few (last count was 58, and each multiple times) and then waited... and waited... and waited.... then one day *POOF!* they were all gone, every name.
    I have zero tolerance for spam dialogue. (I HAVE learned menu II > Config> Chat Filters > Yell [ON])
    ... although on my alts I WILL do the /random "The Fast and the (Dhalmel)s" or "Willy (Dhalmel) and the (Dhalmel) Factory" /yell myself just to break the tension. MANY people join in, it is awesome!
    I have zero tolerance for people using tools to spam and farm. Again reported quite a few. Seen some results.
    Sadly the ones yelling for exchange of in-game currencies for in-game help is NOT against TOS (i.e. mercs) unless they're using 3rd party programs to facilitate that, and again, I have had success in reporting it.
    See the pattern?
    Asura is just fine.
    Ignore/block the spammers; report the ones ruining the game.
    Let the ones in power do their job, with the more instances of it reported, the faster it works.
    Concentrate on YOUR time there, and learn to ask and /T and /L or /L2 your friends for help and advice.
    Works wonders when people play the game as it was designed to be played.
    (1)

Player
    I'm struggling to understand how so many people are posting judgement on a server they don't even play on.
    I have played on Asura. Look at most of the whining people are doing and 9/10 its someone from Asura and something other servers aren't dealing with.

If Asura is anyone's type of server, I support that decision. I don't think that anyone else should be able to make the same choice for me though. I prefer a small server and that different experience it affords me.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I had friends on asura years ago who also played on mine sometimes. They regularly told me that Asura was the toilet of Vana'diel. Which made it all the more annoying to me when somebody (I wonder who set this off, really) started telling everyone to go to Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I had friends on asura years ago who also played on mine sometimes. They regularly told me that Asura was the toilet of Vana'diel. Which made it all the more annoying to me when somebody (I wonder who set this off, really) started telling everyone to go to Asura.
    That is because on paper it looks like it has the most active players, and that in theory, would make it a better experience for the vast majority of people.. Again, in theory.
    However, this is not the case, well, not anymore anyway. I speculate that a vast amount of that /sea all number are not in my opinion genuine players (I'll leave it up to the readers of this forum as to what constitutes "genuine" players).

So bottom line is: Asura is only as good as the Linkshell that you are in..... (as with any other server I'd imagine).
    (4)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 12-06-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Honestly, while a server merge might be considered (or considerable), I'd honestly just like a world hop system like we have in FFXIV. This allows us to play with friends across the servers when we want, and then come back to our own servers when we're done. Granted, this may most likely not be possible because of how old this code is. But seems like after they removed PS2 and Xbox 360, which were basically holding the game back further, they're able to add new things to the game that weren't at all possible before. Funny how that works. But I'd say that would probably be a better suggestion.

You'd essentially be able to log out like normal, and use the mog house-- but that would be about it. Couldn't ah, but you can trade gil to other people in your party to help you buy it (or friends) if necessary for the item on the board. (While these options for buying things on market are available in xiv, you still have to have some restrictions, I think lol).
    (0)

Character
    Sindaregion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    I have played on Asura. Look at most of the whining people are doing and 9/10 its someone from Asura and something other servers aren't dealing with.

If Asura is anyone's type of server, I support that decision. I don't think that anyone else should be able to make the same choice for me though. I prefer a small server and that different experience it affords me.
    I started on Caitsith server, and was sent to Ragnarock because SE took a census and decided to shut us down and move us. I remember all the hassle, griefers, and aggravation. Waiting forever to get into Dynamis and LS leaders having to make schedules of when to have LS Dynamis runs with each other. Never able to get NM's because people slept on the pop spot to get them. Zones so full that you couldn't move without running into another party or get mobs to level on. So, I left for two years then came back because I had had enough. Now....there's a smaller population. Now the game is enjoyable, again like when I was a new player. The old problems are almost non-existent. You can reach your goals with advancing your character(s) without fighting with other players (and making GM calls because somebody went too far). The smaller server population is working, and perhaps that is why I see familiar names playing again. Maybe because of the reduced population people are returning. Since returning I've seen many positive changes because the negative aspects aren't as much of an influence as before. As that saying goes, 'If it's not broke, don't fix it'.
    (1)
    May Altana watch over us in all our endeavors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast