World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Connection Issues - AT&T

Thread Title:
    Bad connection in game under certain circumstances

Details:
    For the past week I've been experiencing connection issues. This includes mostly getting stuck in Playonline. However, on Sunday, I also was permanently disconnected from Windurst Walls, getting either stuck on downloading data on trying to login to it or zoning in with R0, Red Disconnection icon, and immediate loss of data.

As a side-note, I've also been encountering issues when connecting to FF14 on the application launcher and character selection. This issue may be limited to servers associated with Playonline, FF14 Login Servers, and certain FFXI zones.

I've ended up with Error Code FFXI-4001 when disconnected from Windurst Waters.
    Also, got a black screen after pressing ok and after two minutes, received POL-0260.
    Additionally, I've also seen FFXI-3113 in the Final Fantasy application before getting to the character selection screen.

Steps:
    Attempted to log-in (Stuck at "Retrieving Friend List data..." on occassion)
    Went through Playonline when it allowed, entered FFXI game and selected character
    After going through character selection, ended up zoning into Windurst Walls but stuck in "Loading" black screen, or immediately started disconnecting on zoning in

Date & Time:
    Sunday 11/22/2020 ~3:30PM PT
    Monday 11/23/2020 5:00PM - 5:10PM PT

Frequency:
    State how frequent the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    3. Under certain conditions
    The immediate connection issue happens while I'm in Windurst Walls. There's also the sporadic connection issues on Playonline.

Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    ASUS Desktop PC CM6850

Operating System:
    Windows 7

Graphics Card:
    Radeon R9380

ISP:
    AT&T

Type of Internet Connection:
    Fiber
    (0)

Character
    Genovene
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

same connection issue as above

Same exact issue as above

Details:
    most of the time it would get stuck at the Playonline login/retrieving info screen and time out error. Sometimes I will get lucky and get to the character screen but would be stuck at the character loading screen forever.
    Error codes:
    PoL-5135
    POL-0260
    POL-1364/1363
    POL0001
    POL-3101

Steps:
    tried resetting router and modem, restart PC nothing helped. no problem if tethered to phone which is on a T-Mobile network. Also ok if using a VPN.

Date & Time:
    Sunday 11/15/20 to 11/26/20(current), all day long

Frequency:
    issue is constant

Platform:
    Laptop

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Alienware M17 R2

Operating System:
    Windows 7

Graphics Card:
    Nvidia 980M