Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    262
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    in fairness if SE did something about this, it doesn't have to be an issue anywhere.
    Exactly, that's why I once mentioned a script (for solving their own problem). I am not going to bring a swear word here but it is what it is.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    764
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Lets though, just for a moment address the elephant in the room about yell spam selling stuff.

    The reason people buy everything, is because the developers do not listen and so people either opt out of doing content (capacity grinds are so terrible you feel you can't make any progress), can't do it in the first place (stupid difficulty curves), demoralizing difficulty ratings (easy ambuscade v1 you say, more like ultimate death mode "and you suck btw, haha you can't even clear easy mode?" for most players) paying someone else is the only valid way to progress to masses of people.



    Here is what I experienced when I came back from a long break:

    I could not grind worthwhile capacity points because escha gave low amounts and I could not kill apex in a worthwhile amount of time, it was so slow I gave up even trying and any gains I was making were from doing other things.
    I could not get decent gear (this was addressed with DomainInvasion and magically you see very few people now buying this gear now, see how that works SE!?)
    Whenever I tried to do any content, from high tier battlefields or ambuscade I clicked easy mode and was promptly destroyed, if I got some friends with equal starter gear to also do it on easy mode we were also destroyed. This was the point I nearly quit the game because not only could I make no progress on anything I tried but I was also being mocked by the difficulty ratings that told me was easy, which wasn't easy at all. I didn't think, "maybe I just need better gear I thought this is easy mode and I can't even do that...I suck".

    You know why I didn't quit? because I had a way to make gil farming currency and I just started buying stuff from mercs. That's literally why I did not quit the game.

    The developers are in their own little world, they don't understand how the game is to play and they have a road map that is set in stone. They make new content, barley anyone does it (odeseey, assistchannel), player numbers keep dropping, people get to 99 and they quit and they barely ever address anything because they don't listen to the players.

    Most players do not want to buy capacity points, they don't want to buy levels, they don't want to buy gear. They feel they have to, that's the real problem. The secondary problem is that once they get used to buying them for no effort, they get stuck in that rut and then don't want to do it anyway.

    Developers should be forced to play the game, they should be forced to try and get to master or even get 50 job points on a new account. They should be forced to get a set of armor and then +2 it from ambuscade with laughably low rewards per kill or stupid difficulties.

    That is the point you see the developers asking the local mercs if they can help them get some job points, or that 119 sword, or get them 1-2 VD V1 clears due to the insane tedium of "get 10 kills to get ki" > go back to do v2 for 100 points and hey, maybe the bomb will critical explode and kill you anyway".

    Ambuscade is the only good content on FFXI for most players and some months you can't even do that, and they are so concerned with the non-existent queue times that they make it boring (why 10 kills to get ki when v1 is 1) and so people opt out. Great you made the queue times less and now nobody has anything to do and will ubsub, good job.

    Fix the game and people will play the game, don't fix the game and they will pay to skip.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-28-2020 at 12:01 AM.

  3. #23
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,542
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I could not grind worthwhile capacity points because escha gave low amounts
    There are many ways to increase cap gain and it also increases as you gain more job points. Find a group rather than soloing with trust. There are people to do it with if you know where to look.
    (1)

  4. #24
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    262
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Fix the game and people will play the game, don't fix the game and they will pay to skip.
    I remember you have posted somewhere about wanting the dev team to create a new content where all players from all worlds transfer into one area (example: Zehira@Asura). Just like FFXIV's Bozjan (Eureka 2.0). I am not sure how it would work on an old technology. I think what SE is trying to do is just drag us out of FFXI and move to FFXIV and they will keep doing it until the 20th anniversary. What I can say is keep the faith because they basically take my feedback about FFXI and send it to the FFXIV dev team. XD
    (0)

  5. #25
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    764
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I remember you have posted somewhere about wanting the dev team to create a new content where all players from all worlds transfer into one area (example: Zehira@Asura). Just like FFXIV's Bozjan (Eureka 2.0). I am not sure how it would work on an old technology. I think what SE is trying to do is just drag us out of FFXI and move to FFXIV and they will keep doing it until the 20th anniversary. What I can say is keep the faith because they basically take my feedback about FFXI and send it to the FFXIV dev team. XD
    Pretty much true, all they seem to care about is 14. This is what happens when you put the same staff on both games and one has a cash shop that turns players into consumers.

    Oh well, done wasting my time I guess.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,268
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    You know why I didn't quit? because I had a way to make gil farming currency and I just started buying stuff from mercs. That's literally why I did not quit the game.
    I face palmed here. If they just buy from mercs to get by, then they will get bored a lot quicker.
    Why join anything when you can take the easy way out and buy it from a multi-boxer? You're missing the whole point of game. They may not know it themselves, but it is the most self-defeatist thing ever,
    (3)

    Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

  7. #27
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    262
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think she needs to find an endgame linkshell that would keep her busy. The best gear I have is GEO a bunch of AF+1, AF+2, AF+3, expensive rings, etc... The sad part is most of everyone required us to be on their voice chat while doing the content. I told them I am deaf and I can't be on their voice chat so I often came as GEO to keep everyone buffed/debuffed.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Divinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    35
    Character
    Pulptenks
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    The sad part is most of everyone required us to be on their voice chat while doing the content..
    That is pretty much any game. It's even worse in FFXIV when it comes to that. I don't think there's anything wrong with typing. But oh well.
    (0)

  9. #29
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,542
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    That is pretty much any game. It's even worse in FFXIV when it comes to that. I don't think there's anything wrong with typing. But oh well.
    Depends on what you're doing really. regular content nobody asks for this and I would leave if a party did. savage/ultimate raids, sure. but the skill bar is higher there.
    (0)

  10. #30
    Player Divinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    35
    Character
    Pulptenks
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Depends on what you're doing really. regular content nobody asks for this and I would leave if a party did. savage/ultimate raids, sure. but the skill bar is higher there.
    I did that. It's different to be honest, I can't really compare I'm quite a noob with XI but I think it has a lot of charm and the overworld feels more cool.
    (0)

  11. 12-01-2020 11:14 PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3