Hybrid View

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Yell chat spam driving me nuts

How you people deal with it? Should I just blacklist all the people who spam selling something over and over and over and over?
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hi

There is a chat filters window under a second menu > config to turn off the /yell spams. Unfortunately, that has been going on for years and there is no way to stop it.

I know a script to stop it but I am not allowed to share it on the official forums as the rules say so.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I'm usually on a server that's quite a bit more quiet-like, and the yells are not an issue there.

When I do visit Asura, I have the filter enabled so I don't see any of it. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Just turn on the chat filter, or move to Bahamut if you want nobody talking in /yell

You can only see /yell in towns btw.
    (0)

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    move to Bahamut if you want nobody talking in /yell
    lmao k

so you deal with by telling people to move off, nice meme
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    lmao k

so you deal with by telling people to move off, nice meme
    I mean, it's true and it's a valid option.

Asura is overcrowded. The populations should be more balanced, but somebody people apparently listen to one day said "everyone come to asura" and people did.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, it's true and it's a valid option.

Asura is overcrowded. The populations should be more balanced, but somebody people apparently listen to one day said "everyone come to asura" and people did.
    I mean, that's true. As I have suggested merge servers (last year), people like to be in a large populated server with more English players, have most of everything in the auction house, independently soloing as long as you keep your adventure going.

While there is no solution, people will still come to Asura because it's hard for them to get out and live in a quieter server. GM calls ended a long time ago.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I mean, that's true. As I have suggested merge servers (last year), people like to be in a large populated server with more English players, have most of everything in the auction house, independently soloing as long as you keep your adventure going.

While there is no solution, people will still come to Asura because it's hard for them to get out and live in a quieter server. GM calls ended a long time ago.
    I suppose in fairness, the community did ask for a merge for quite some time before someone got everyone to just pile on asura. If they merged instead we would have ended up with 4-6 servers with good populations instead of 1 with 3/4 of the pop and the rest spread around the others.

But now it's too late for that. They'd have to merge too many other servers together to balance it out.

What I can tell you is I still know people here, and I"m not paying money to move to another server just to listen to more RMT spam and play with real people slightly more often (I say slightly because unless its like, dynamis or vagary or something, its not worth the trouble to gather real people regardless of the population when trusts will do the job with no waiting)

I've been trying to stress for a long time now the advantages of being on a lower pop server- less RMT and cheating (disproportionately less in fact), much better grinding/farming camp availability, no wait for Ambuscade and such, can still make friends and find ppl to do stuff if you look, etc.

But literally every new player thread I see here says "someone told me to go Asura." Everyone thinks more pop on one server is always better when it really is not so simple.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-25-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    or move to Bahamut if you want nobody talking in /yell
    There is a difference between talking and absolute drivel.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 11-23-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    There is a difference between talking and absolute drivel.
    What is drivel to you is entertainment to others. The world does not revolve around you.

Just blist hundreds of people, then complain when nobody invites you or replies to anything you ask for help with.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast