Character
    Ezechiel
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Nyzul Island Lamps

SE. You NEED to remove Lamps from the game. There are a million things in this game that are completely useless time dumps, but this was one of the worst things ever implemented in this game. I can not even describe how close I am to cancelling my sub over this. If you are adding things in the game, make them fun, meaningful, replayable, etc. This is non of those things. It also WAY to easy to dump 20 minutes into a multi lamp rotation if you are playing with others and you are not the same language or using discord etc.

This was just an overall terrible idea. Please remove from the game.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyy View Post
    SE. You NEED to remove Lamps from the game. There are a million things in this game that are completely useless time dumps, but this was one of the worst things ever implemented in this game. I can not even describe how close I am to cancelling my sub over this. If you are adding things in the game, make them fun, meaningful, replayable, etc. This is non of those things. It also WAY to easy to dump 20 minutes into a multi lamp rotation if you are playing with others and you are not the same language or using discord etc.

This was just an overall terrible idea. Please remove from the game.
    A thousand times this.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think they responded to this a while back, by saying they couldn't remove as it would break Nyzul, or something along those lines... I can't quite remember

But I totally agree, not even all lamp floors would need to be removed, the single lamp is fine and the same time one was fixed by extending the length of time it remains lit for. Even if they didn't remove order, maybe they could fix it, so it's more friendly for solo / low man Nyzul, even colour coding or labelling the lamps, so you could visually see the order they need to be clicked on would help.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think they could fix it by, instead of Lamps, making it an Omen Style "Defeat <insert Enemy name here>" then once that's done find the exit portal to the next floor. Still have the every 5th floor save Lamp etc.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean you don't have to remove it in code, just change the logic that selects which floor is chosen so that the "light lamps in order" floor type is never chosen. Thus it will still "exist" but the game will never randomly select it.
    (1)