Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Can we just get rid of /yell then?
    I think the best thing to do now yell has been completely high-jacked with out of control spam is to simply turn it off and somehow try to direct genuine
    party creating /yells into the new assist channels. Leaving the spam to its own devices.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    The developers stated they were not going to just add this and abandon it, they were going to continue to refine it over future patches.

It has been abandoned, they are not even asking for any feedback.

People who use it often get angry tells, people who use it often to help others get black listed. Because black listing or sending an angry tell is easier than using the chat filter / or they don't know how to do it.

If the developers want feedback, ask us for some. The developers really don't seem to understand the community at all, they keep adding things then seem surprised people are not using it when we can tell them why that is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 12-24-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    "We will continue to monitor feedback, so if you have any ideas on how to make it even easier to use, please do not hesitate to let us know!" -Akihiko_Matsui

Standing by everything I said in the original post. This feature is dead on arrival and I have yet to see a single question asked on the /assist channel.
    While I appreciate the sentiment, it looks very much like this feature is a total waste of time and resource which could have been spent doing something useful.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am not sure if anyone who is not a mentor, new or returned player can able to read the assist channel but can't respond. Recently, I see some mentors trying to ask anyone if they need any help. They ranked up by getting more thumbs ups. The assist channel is not much useful yet. Maybe there are some people who are afraid to get blacklisted for using the /assist channel or not knowing this is a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    This feature is dead on arrival and I have yet to see a single question asked on the /assist channel.
    Maybe, it's your server. I was standing in my mog house this morning and this picture below is what looks like on my screen.

(1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 12-28-2020 at 04:55 AM.

Player
    There is a certain amount shyness with using it, if you want people to use it more and barely anyone does on your server....make a new character and ask some questions on it (yes it's a bit silly but it does work). You'll tend to notice that once that happens, others tend to follow. It's a "you first" "no you first" scenario.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Still think nobody uses the /assist channel? Okay... Moreover, I don't see any toxic message in the channel.

(1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Still think nobody uses the /assist channel? Okay... Moreover, I don't see any toxic message in the channel.
    Its definitely gotten more active, and its a refreshing change from the mess that is /yell. Just takes time for people to adapt (and meet the mentor criteria also)
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The developers stated they were not going to just add this and abandon it, they were going to continue to refine it over future patches.

It has been abandoned, they are not even asking for any feedback.

People who use it often get angry tells, people who use it often to help others get black listed. Because black listing or sending an angry tell is easier than using the chat filter / or they don't know how to do it.

If the developers want feedback, ask us for some. The developers really don't seem to understand the community at all, they keep adding things then seem surprised people are not using it when we can tell them why that is.
    I mean, what you say isn't true, the devs have already acknowledge issues and feedback in the Digest and will be making updates.

My only issue is the new mentor requirements are obnoxious. I have umpteen gazillion hours of playtime but i never bothered doing most of the regional combat RoEs because I just didn't have any reason to. now i have to teleport to a few dozen different areas to kill crap to fufill this requirement that doesn't even imply i know anything about game content (at least the other RoE objectives make some sense, just not the "kill 10 enemies or an NM in 40 different places").

Also, I realize SE has always wanted to avoid global chat but a channel like this needs to be global. People shouldn't have to stay in towns to carry on a mentor-sprout conversation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-04-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Player
    A problem I'm now noticing with the assist channel is people are starting to rely on it, they like being able to ask for help.

Then they get booted from it after a fairly short amount of time. The time should be extended.
    (0)

I think the Channel is fine, you are given plenty of time to ask any questions that you might have starting out.

They added an Objective and New NPCs related to it.

I have replied to quite a lot of questions in it myself and usually get even more players sending me /Tell that either don't want to ask the question in the channel or want to ask a Mentor directly.
    The thing is, the objective to become a Mentor, doesn't make sense.

In my opinion it should require:

All expansions finished (because it makes sense, help-wise, able to answer questions about them, etc)
    Rank 10 in your Nation (again, shows you have done actual story content that players often ask about)
    One craft at Lv100 or above (you can answer craft related general questions, etc)
    One Mastered job (because you must have knowledge of Limit point/Merit point, Capacity point and finally how Job point systems work, helpful to answer those related questions)

Doesn't that make sense?

Because if you think that killing 200 monsters makes a worthy Mentor instead, you need to learn what the word Mentor means.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast