Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Go on Asura right now and use /yell to make one single classic party, it's easy right? you only need 5 people to agree and then use level sync. You won't be able to do it.

Almost nobody wants this.
    Well, my little character on Asura has been in a linkshell for a number of years, that limits their levels and content to 75, so there are a bunch, but... prooobably not 15k or more.

Oh and on top of that, they can also play the post-75 content at will... so yeah, I'm also on the boat for 'no thanks'. The time and effort could be better spent, I believe, as they're already very limited.

If they were to open-source things, then the community could do that work but that's probably pretty unlikely to ever happen as well.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Players don't miss the game as it was back then (it's the same), they miss the forced social interaction.
    Cynical sounding but basically the truth. The community is what made the game. You had to cooperate to do most things so that meant forging lots of bonds with other players. Even if they made a classic version of the game, it would not be the same as the first time we experienced it.
    (1)

Character
    Nakith
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    You are not alone. Being able to play on a 75 cap official server is one of my biggest, most profound gaming desires.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by By-Tor View Post
    You are not alone. Being able to play on a 75 cap official server is one of my biggest, most profound gaming desires.
    Suffice it to say that desire will never be fufilled. You can merely simulate it by self imposing restrictions.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    its a conundrum that will never be solved or sated. The people don't realize its the community that made that era and how new everything was, not the actual gameplay. I can't understand how people find spending 10 minutes per crab to EXP or sitting around in town for 5 hours LFG was fun at all.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    its a conundrum that will never be solved or sated. The people don't realize its the community that made that era and how new everything was, not the actual gameplay. I can't understand how people find spending 10 minutes per crab to EXP or sitting around in town for 5 hours LFG was fun at all.
    I 100% agree. The community was chiefly responsible for making the game what it was, and even if you time warp the game to any arbitrary earlier time, the community isn't going to magically reappear and be exactly how it was before. We're also colored by our previous experiences, so it isn't going to be just like before regardless.
    (3)

Player
    i'm actually quite confused whenever these kind of request appears: did those people actually done majority of content, as in exhaust them, & yearn for much challenging experiences? Coz I always felt like overwhelmed with so many content FF11 has, don't think have time for classic server. Unless, some only prefer specific content to play with & don't bother with rest? :?
    (2)

Character
    Nakith
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    I'm new here and have been looking into threads regarding this issue. I find it interesting that there's always the same group of around 5 people who always try to discourage people like me to use the only means of communication between players and SE (this forum) to ask for a classic server. This small group have been doing it since 2015, afaik.
    For anyone who reads my post in the future, don't refrain from using the forums to make your wishes known to Square as this is the only way they can see the demand for this, despite pservers being so popular.
    (1)
    Last edited by By-Tor; 01-03-2021 at 07:49 AM. Reason: grammar and more clarification

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by By-Tor View Post
    I find it interesting that there's always the same group of around 5 people
    That's mostly becuase that small group of people is basically the only group that still reads and posts here more than anything else. I'd really like to see you cite examples of me telling you to stop posting or trying to prevent you from posting (which no one here has the capability to do.) But considering this is your second post here, I can't really find any myself.

I'm sorry you feel you're being repressed, but that's not the case. I'm simply stating the facts. SE has already made their position on this officially clear: It won't happen. Chief reason among them being they don't have an old version of the game to go back to internally. It's not like I'm pulling this out of my behind or anything, SE said it. And given their lack of ability to implement it for reasons they've stated, no amount of begging for it, even if 1000 people came here begging for it, would likely make it happen.

I'm glad you want a classic server. Unfortunately, you're not going to get one from SE, the only option is to use the tools within the game (it is a simple matter to keep your level cap at 75 and limit yourself to doing content as someone at that level) or use an illegal private server, which I don't endorse for obvious reasons.

Please understand: I'm not here to suppress you. By all means, keep on posting if you want. But the horse has been beaten, dragged through the mud etc. by far more than just that "small group of people." Feel free to search the forum and read the old threads on it.

Just because WoW did it doesn't mean it's going to work for every MMO.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-03-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2