Character
    Heghmoh
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Login and Disconnect Issues - Early November 2020

Myself and others are experiencing regular login and disconnect issues with strange symptoms.

Often a character will disconnect from the game via R0 and upon re-entering the game, will repeatedly float to R0 to a near disconnect, but never be booted from the game. The zone and character load, but not other players, NPCs or assets.

This is sometimes affecting a single character when multiple people are logged in to the game on the same connection in one house hold (i.e. two or more people playing together on one internet connection, and on player will disconnect and be unable to reconnect)

After being disconnected, the playonline login process is extremely slow, getting stuck on "verifying playonline ID and password", "retrieving friend list data..." "updating online status..." or other loads in the playonline viewer.

some people have reported incorrect Credit Card payment method expiration notices (LM-30) in the playonline viewer after a prolonged or failed log in.

Some players report successful login after rebooting their computer or their internet router.

These issues can persist for up to an hour before successful login, followed by a disconnect shortly afterward.

Is anyone else here experiencing anything like this?

I will try to contact support to see if there is any insight there...
    (1)

Character
    Dafukei
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    exact same problem.

When I disconnect sometimes I will get stuck on the login after selecting my char. and get an error code: FFXI-3113

other times i make it back in to the game and nothing loads and i immediately start to DC again. My friend will tell me my character apperas on their screen with a red ball.
    (0)

Character
    Conor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Same issues here. I've talked to tons of people who have been having the same issue as well. 3 in my own LS, and quite a few people in shouts and tells. Add to this I've seen many more on FFXIAH.com regarding the exact same issue, and then 2 different posts on FFXI groups on Facebook. It seems to only affect certain characters, not certain connections. some characters will be just fine while others will constantly disconnect or become impossible to reconnect at all. Normally if successfully reconnected then you will immediately R0 again as soon as you see your character. Add to this problem some of my friends were amazed that they were having this EXACT same problem on FFXIV. Something has been done, and Square quite frankly needs to take responsibility for this instead of blaming peoples connections. I've played for almost 17 years now, and never seen this type of issue. Every other connection, every other game, every other use of bandwith anywhere on this PC or any other in my house has 0 issues. It is ONLY FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Contuar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Same here. For the past 2 hours, either I can't get past POL, or as soon as my character loads in the zone, I get R0 then error FFXI-4001. Sometimes it times out when 'receiving messages', and other times it gets to the launch screen and times out there.
    (0)
    Last edited by Contuar; 11-19-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Character
    Urmama
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I am also having the same issue. I have used another computer and ISP to test the issue if it was on my end, but neither solution worked to resolve this problem.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Need to use the Tech Support template so we can at least ascertain if this is a shared ISP problem, or something else.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Genovene
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    same issue here as of today 9PM pst using ATnT fiber internet. no problem if I connect tethered to my phone (T-mobile 4G network). theres a thread in FFXIAH of players having the same issue seems like they too are using ATnT fiber.
    (0)