Character
    Yakra
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 4

New player with some questions

Hello! I thought I would wave a mini greeting here along with hoping to ask a question that has been bothering me ever since I started playing yesterday.

So basically I'm a new-returning player - I actually first made an account and my character when I first finally signed up 4 years back, using my copy of the game that i had bought back in 2007 or 2008 (I forgot the exact year! *senile!*). Back then, I tried out the game with my 30-day sub, wondered if I would have the time to continue playing regularly, and somehow, put things off until.... now.

Four years later, I'm back and ready to properly truly explore Vana'diel, and what I did this time was grab the client from the website, instead of installing of my ancient CD (which gave me access to the three expansion packs!), and my old account was there to repull back out and play!

And..... here is where I wanted to ask this question from those of you guys who have long been playing this game. I've noticed, ever since I've reinstalled the game from the client on the website, the three expansion packs that I had before - Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urghan - are no longer there (the bars on the side of my login screen are all grey!). Is this because of the client I picked? Ought I be reinstalling with the version I had on the CD, or is there some step I missed out on?

Would super appreciate it if someone could guide me! T___T~
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can only assume that you need to enter the reg codes from your expansions into the SE Account Management system.

Got to the website (top right) > Square Enix Account Management System > FINAL FANTASY XI > Options List. Check what expansions it has listed under "Permanent Options" (at the bottom), and if they aren't there, try entering your original expansion registration codes that came with your retail version.

(3)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Absolutely do not reinstall with the original CDs, but make suire you do have the newest installer available on the website right now. It should install everything, including all expansions. If had access to those expansions before and you're playing on the same account, you still have them, so fi an expansion is grayed out that means it's not installed.
    (2)