Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Nobody will use the assist channel

Requirements for Chatting
    Players must meet certain requirements to chat in the Assist Channel.

Be a new player
    Players who have just started the game and are classified as New Adventurers. Such players have a “?” icon displayed next to their name.
    How are these brand new players going to even know how to chat? They barely know how to use /party or /yell yet they magically will know to type /assiste? If you were going to do this, then the ? status should of been extended and a message given every time they login that how to ask questions while it's active.

Be a returnee
    Players for whom at least 48 days have passed since their last login are classified as returnees.
    Players will be able to chat in the Assist Channel for 48 hours of login time from the moment they are designated as a new player or returnee. New players will be able to continue to use the channel during these 48 hours even if their new player icon is removed.
    2 days? why not a week bare minimum?

ok it's 48 hours playtime, which is better but still seems low.

Another issue is this only works in towns, which makes it identical to /yell. I'm confused what the point of this is. Do you want mentors to be pro-active or just answer questions nobody will ask?

You know what would of been better than this? A LFG channel that works in all regions of the game (except battlefields) and not just towns, that would of been really helpful. Right now, players who want to group up for content have to sit in towns and wait for shouts. Instead of going and doing things while reading lfg as you do in every other mmorpg.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-11-2020 at 04:28 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How are these brand new players going to even know how to chat? They barely know how to use /party or /yell yet they magically will know to type /assiste? If you were going to do this, then the ? status should of been extended and a message given every time they login that how to ask questions while it's active.
    While the game should probably mention this, how you chat is basically the same in every online game ever, so unless this is your first online game ever, most people should know how to press enter and type words.

The assist channel should, however, be available everywhere.

I mean you can call it whatever you want, a chat channel is just c\ hat channel and calling it something else like LFG or ERP or Let's Dance or whatever isn't going to change that.

The reality is just that there aren't that many new people and also there are few mentors because everyone's status was reset. This would have been great if it was implemented a decade ago but it's kind of a too little too late type of deal.

2 days? why not a week bare minimum?
    It is 48 hours of log in time, which for many people is a week or more of playing. It is not simply 2 days. FFXIV does keep people in the channel a lot longer though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-11-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Player
    The thing that annoys me is if they had talked to the players about this while designing it then it could of been made useful, but as it is literally nobody will use it outside of some people who want to rate themselves up.

A new player won't know to type /ae to access it, competent players do NOT want a Mentor logo next to their name that blocks bazaar and linkshell.

Town only makes it useless because, just use /yell.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The thing that annoys me is if they had talked to the players about this while designing it then it could of been made useful, but as it is literally nobody will use it outside of some people who want to rate themselves up.

A new player won't know to type /ae to access it, competent players do NOT want a Mentor logo next to their name that blocks bazaar and linkshell.

Town only makes it useless because, just use /yell.
    I'm a competent player, and I really dont care if people can see what color my linkshell is and I only sometimes care if people can see the bazaar icon.

Aside that, if you're actually intending to volunteer help to other players, having the mentor icon further trumps those other ones.

Also, /yell has a cooldown to reduce spam, far as I know the assist channels don't have th e same restrictions
    (0)

Player
    On Asura, nobody is using this chat channel for the intended purpose at all (other than mentors talking to each other and saying "hello". With all the restrictions to make sure it's not abused nobody legit can / is using it either.

However there is a mad rush on right now to get mentor for no reason other than to max out mastery rank, so endgame players got something out of it at least.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    so i was MUTED as a mentor for warning new players about not buying exp/JP from the people yelling, instantly got set on by the RMT which muted me and now i cant use the Mentor chat, why cant we mute all the yells from RMT instead?
    (2)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    so i was MUTED as a mentor for warning new players about not buying exp/JP from the people yelling, instantly got set on by the RMT which muted me and now i cant use the Mentor chat, why cant we mute all the yells from RMT instead?
    If you know RMT found their way into it, why didn't you just mute them on the spot?

Is it possible to get a list of channel participants as it is in FFXIV? All you really have to do is look for and mute all the face-on-keyboard names and mute them.

(also, come back to shiva, at least there's minimal RMT)
    (0)

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I was in it, helped for two questions. But I was kicked out of it after 48 hours... I don't think that is long enough to be honest. There should be better criteria before being removed from it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    I was in it, helped for two questions. But I was kicked out of it after 48 hours... I don't think that is long enough to be honest. There should be better criteria before being removed from it.
    And here I was thinking FFXI had a better community lol

While there is occasionally some trolling in the Novice Network, I rarely see anyone get frivolously kicked from it- and the penalty is only 3 hours, or 30 minutes for new adventurers.
    (0)

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And here I was thinking FFXI had a better community lol

While there is occasionally some trolling in the Novice Network, I rarely see anyone get frivolously kicked from it- and the penalty is only 3 hours, or 30 minutes for new adventurers.
    I mean I am pretty noob. I did obtained help from two questions I did asked. Sorry for the miswriting.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast