Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/steve/Desktop/mentor.png[/IMG]
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mentor_Program
    http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200404228190.html
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mentor
    I have been playing ffxi since beta and I also been busy with real life and as well as been deployed a lot but I checked to see if I can get the mentor status to help others when they have questions but I do not see it in the ROE nor will it allow me to activate mentor status.
    (0)
    thank you for reading and have a good day.

v/r Darksia

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can't link to a file on your local computer. Nobody would be able to access it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Darksia View Post
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mentor_Program
    http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200404228190.html
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mentor
    I have been playing ffxi since beta and I also been busy with real life and as well as been deployed a lot but I checked to see if I can get the mentor status to help others when they have questions but I do not see it in the ROE nor will it allow me to activate mentor status.
    Hello, Darksia.

Thank you so much for your inquiry. In our latest version update, the requirements for becoming a mentor have changed. You can find out more about mentorship here.
    We hope this answers your question and thank you for expressing interest in assisting your fellow adventurers.
    (1)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I stopped playing some time in August after a particularly frustrating game session with my linkshell. We had at least three people who brought cure bots to our Omen escapades, and not for the first time. After the first run, I asked myself - why am I here, trying to play my favourite jobs (generally support jobs), if these people are going to deliberately ruin my game experience like this? That's when I realised that this game is causing me more grief than enjoyment, and gave it up.

I'd intended to stop playing for a week, but every time I went to log back in, I was met with that sinking feeling. It's ended up being a few months.

A friend got in contact with me outside the game a few days ago and asked me if I was coming back, so today I logged in to see how things were. I was immediately met by /l chat from one of the botmasters, noticed that LS multiboxers were still soloing Divergence, saw that the original Dynamis was still crawling with automated currency farm bots, noted the same old players selling HQ Dynamis weapons in suspiciously huge quantities on the AH.

SE, are you going to address this wholesale cheating? Don't direct me to the STF - I've been reporting bots to them for years, and nothing gets done. I just want to know if there's any point keeping my account on standby in the hope that this will change, or if I should just cancel it now and save myself a bit of money.
    (5)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Thank you for the new missions!

Was the new BGM heard during The Voracious Resurgence composed by Naoshi Mizuta? On that note, did they also compose "Devils' Delight"?

I quite like it all, though at least at first they felt a little weird for FFXI, but maybe that's just because it has been a while from since we got new music at all.

In general, I enjoyed the new additions to the Halloween event this year. Thank you!

Some mission-specific information hidden in the following spoiler tags.

A hint towards which enemies are needed for the quest item that Habida-Jubida wants would have been much appreciated. The item may have "always existed" to the NPC, but it is new to us adventurers. At least I could not spot any reasoning towards why it can only be obtained where it can be obtained at (or I have not yet found the other places).

It would also be good if there were higher level enemies that have the item, because at level 99, it can be kind of difficult to trigger the condition that seems to be required. That, and the possible place is not particularly populated with the pertinent pesterer.

Regarding Pellio:

"You see, I'm researching how to reliably produce [...]"

This seems like a very strange way to start a dialogue with someone that one has never met before. It's almost like there's at least one line missing before this one. :]

Regarding mission naming (in English), I was almost sure these would all start with a 'The', which would have been at least a little bit amusing because the mission title itself is the first, and so far only one with a 'The' in it. That was until Kupipi's Dilemma... I guess I can still imagine a 'The' in there. ^^;;

Further, the Missions list does not make it seem like Kupipi's Dilemma starts a new chapter, though the version update notes mention a 'new chapter'. I wonder if that was intentional.

いろいろありがとう!

Until next time.

また—
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 11-25-2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Add a forgotten bit about mission naming.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Ambuscade

Volume 1: The balance in difficulty has been feeling a little weird for some time. Back in May, I was able to win against the Orcs at Normal difficulty, alone (in around 10 minutes of battle time), but against the Quadav, Trolls, and now Mamool Ja, it seems very difficult to win at Easy or higher. Quadav and Trolls had too many gimmicks stacked into one battle, and were not fun even on Very Easy.

As for Mamool Ja this time around, on Very Easy they feel /too/ easy, but already very difficult at Easy, and Normal feels a little crazy with the Autarch's auto-attack dealing more than 2000 points of damage.

Maybe the Orcs were accidentally made too easy, and I got too used to the 1200 points (or more)... but I would hope that's not what really happened. ^^;

By the way, when I say alone, I mean that as a Samurai, which definitely is not very good of a job against so many enemies at once, but regardless, I feel like the Autarch is way too strong at the beginning of the fight at Normal and lower difficulty levels.

Volume 2: More fun than Volume 1, just like last month. The additional bonus is very nice, but the reward for all difficulties still feels kind of low for the effort and time used for the battle, though I do understand that there needs to be a difference here.

In general, I do like it that things are not the same every month, but I do wish for more Volume 1 fights that are comparable to the Orcs from May 2020.

いろいろありがとう!

Until next time.

また—
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Assist Channel

I don't think it is a good idea to tie this kind of features into any kind of achievement systems, which this essentially does due to the Records of Eminence objective. A player should only become a Mentor if they actually want to help other players, though I do understand the want to give some incentive for people who otherwise would rather not.

In fact, one could say that the RoE reward goes against the disclaimer/terms that is shown during Mentor registration and under Help Desk/Config, where the following is stated:

"No benefits of any kind will be provided to those who choose to participate in the Mentor Program."

Furthermore, the amount of time, 48 hours, that new and returning players have to participate seems very low, and should probably be extended by quite a lot. Many players will go "AFK" leaving their character online for unspecific amounts of time, which will quickly add up to this counter, and even if they only used a couple of hours at a time, there may not be anyone to respond when they do ask, at that time.

There are several good points raised regarding this here: Reasons why the /assist channel isn't working

いろいろありがとう!

Until next time.

また—
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Nomad Mog Bonanza

Before looking into the details, I was going to write something like "please make the marbles key items" or something along those lines, because my inventory is always full even without them.

Well, it seems I do not need to do that any longer...

Many thanks! Much appreciated!!

There also seem to be some pretty interesting new items listed there. Not that I will win anything... ^^

いろいろありがとう!

Until next time.

また—
    (0)

Character
    Yojimmbo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Nomad Bonanza Bug? I purchased a Mog pearl from the moogle. I let the moogle decide on the number and was given the number 4. I was going over the prizes and when I looked at the winning number requirements it states that "all three numbers matching" was needed to win first prize. Are all the winning numbers three digits by default? Or is the possibility of a single number or two digit number being drawn as rank 1, 2, or 3 a probability? I keep going over the official page but can't find any information but the official page states that "all three digits matching" for Rank 1. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by AsuraYojimmbo View Post
    the number and was given the number 4
    As far as I understand, that would be '004' so it's still three numbers drawn.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast