Platform:
PC (is there any other available Platform these days?)

ISP:
Charter

Type of Internet Connection:
Cable

Internet Connection Speed:
200 mega bits per second

Date and Time:
November 6th 2020 ; 18:32 - 18:33 CST

Frequency:
Once (although still affects me, so always once triggered)

Character Name:
Elliander

Race:
TarutaruM

World:
Siren

Main Job:
Monk

Support Job:
Dancer

Area and coordinates:
Ru'Lude Gardens ; (I-7)

Party or Solo:
Solo

NPC Name:
Taillegeas

Monster Name:
None

Steps:

I completed "Chains and Bonds" a few years ago at least. I'm currently on "Three Paths" having completed "Where Messengers Gather" last so I am not between the missions that exclude her. I also completed the Windurst Initiation and already have a few trusts.

I went to the Dining Room in Ru'Lude gardens and spoke with Taillegeas, but "Ducal Hospitality" was started instead. He asks for:

- A loaf of Goblin Bread
- A Goblin Pie
- A Goblin Mushpot
- Goblin Doll
- A handful of counterfeit gil (the only item on the list that has to be farmed)

The listed requirements say:

Complete one of the Trust initiation quests in either San d’Oria, Bastok, or Windurst.
Complete the mission "Chains and Bonds."
* Cherukiki's alter ego may not be acquired between the time the mission "The Warrior's Path" is offered and the boss of the mission "Dawn" is defeated.
Speak with Taillegeas in Ru'Lude Gardens (I-7) after fulfilling the above prerequisites.
Completing "A Ducal Hospitality" is not a listed requirement, and if I had completed the Mission after Trusts were introduced I never would have had to, so this seems to be a bug.

I tried talking to him multiple times after and he only talks about Ducal Hospitality, so basically if a character is eligible for both starting Ducal Hospitality and is also eligible to obtain the Cherukiki Trust the game starts Ducal Hospitality instead. I wasn't planning on farming goblins right now, so I don't know yet if completing the quest will allow me to get the trust or not, but I imagine it should. I also don't know what would happen if I clicked no on his request to help him. I thought that was part of getting the Trust at first and didn't realize that was accepting a new quest. My guess is that he'd just offer it again just like any other time you cancel accepting a quest from an NPC.

The game should have him give the Trust first and/or allow him to give it after the quest has been started.