Wiking
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Animation lock and Action House

Hello!

Animation lock;
    I think I speak for most melee players when I say, please remove animation lock. It's very annoying and as I understand it from other forums it's something that is left from PS2 era?

As for auction house, it feels very outdated so I have 3 suggestions:
    1: Add a search function
    2: Please let us add more items on AH for sale. Or if there's a possiblity to stack items that are the same. For example. Heroism Crystals stacks per 99, if I have 23 that I want to sell let these stack on AH but auction one by one, so they only use 1 slot on AH.
    3: Sometimes you need to buy maybe 15 items of something that stacks 99. AH is quite laggy, let us bid on more than 1 item at a time. For example set a price and how many you want. If you win all 15 bids it ends up in your inventory stacked. This would save a lot of time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wiking; 10-27-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Character
    Wiking
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Notied now that this is probably the wrong sub-forum. Maybe admin can move the thread?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    2: Please let us add more items on AH for sale.
    This has been discussed officially on multiple occasions, they won't do it for server stress reasons. The AH is basically handled by its own special server, and increasing the slot cap by even 1 for all users could increase the load by a significant percentage (Over 10% at maximum for just 1 more slot if everyone filled up all their slots at a given time. Obviously not everyone will, but the point is the load is likely to increase proportionally to the number of slots).

Letting people buy part of a stack also opens up a huge can of worms because it creates a lot more to keep track of. Prices would also need to be set per item instead of for the stack. This would be a fundamental design change that is likely not possible at this point.

However, a pro tip: The outcome of your bid is actually nearly immediate- If you back out of the menu when it says "placing bid" the result of the transaction will happen immediately and you can jump right back in to buying more items instead of waiting the 3-5 seconds or w/e it usually takes.

(it's well known that if you use... things... that can keep your gil on screen at all times, if you make a successful bid, the gil is subtracted from your total nearly the instant you hit enter- and if it's not successful, the amount of your bid is very briefly deducted and then returned. So the reality is, they make people wait a few seconds for no real reason, except possibly to slow things down a bit deliberately to limit server load)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-28-2020 at 05:50 AM.