Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The sound work from XIV 2.0 on is Uematsu's work mostly. Prior to that Mizuta was definitely involved, and this is corroborated with the year listed
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The sound work from XIV 2.0 on is Uematsu's work mostly.
    Did you mean 1.0? In any case, yeah, I really like what he did for it. Well okay I like everything he does music-wise... a lot... so...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Did you mean 1.0? In any case, yeah, I really like what he did for it. Well okay I like everything he does music-wise... a lot... so...
    No, 2.0 and beyond. Though he had taken a break from work a year or so ago becuase of burnout. But maybe I got the name wrong.

All I know is the current sound producer is mainly 2.0 and beyond, whereas others were involved in the 1.x music.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No, 2.0 and beyond. Though he had taken a break from work a year or so ago becuase of burnout. But maybe I got the name wrong.

All I know is the current sound producer is mainly 2.0 and beyond, whereas others were involved in the 1.x music.
    The way my memory has it, is that Uematsu did the original work to which others added later on, and Masayoshi Soken would do the majority of it since A Realm Reborn.

The wikipedia article on Music of Final Fantasy XIV [1] seems to at least mostly agree, so perhaps Soken is whom you were thinking of. This article also seems to have the tracks attributed pretty nicely at least for the OSTs that are available.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_...al_Fantasy_XIV
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    The way my memory has it, is that Uematsu did the original work to which others added later on, and Masayoshi Soken would do the majority of it since A Realm Reborn.

The wikipedia article on Music of Final Fantasy XIV [1] seems to at least mostly agree, so perhaps Soken is whom you were thinking of. This article also seems to have the tracks attributed pretty nicely at least for the OSTs that are available.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_...al_Fantasy_XIV
    Yeah, I'm probably just thinking of Soken.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2